On sale September 1, a wealth of itineraries spanning from the southern islands of Okinawa to the northernmost Hokkaido Island, offer passengers the chance to discover the Japanese history, culture, natural wonders, and cuisine.
Diamond Princess ship returns to Japan in 2023 (summer and fall) to celebrate the brand's 10th anniversary of cruising from Yokohama-Tokyo and Kobe-Osaka. The ship calls at 38 destinations in 4 different countries on 43 itineraries and 57 departures, ranging between 5-19 days.
Princess said that top reasons to experience Japan with the line in 2023 include:
- Cruising with Princess is THE Best Way to See Japan – passengers can book airfare with Princess EZair, enjoy low rates and late arrival protection as well as flexible booking. The company offers English-speaking guides and shore trips to enjoy the sights and local culture and provides 8 “More Ashore” late-night stays in ports like Aomori, Akita, Hakodate, Osaka (for Kyoto).
- Temples, Shrines, Castles – like the 16th century Osaka Castle or Seiryu-ji Temple, home of the largest bronze seated Buddha in Japan.
- Festivals – Opportunities to experience 7 festivals, including the world-famous Kyoto Gion Festival, or watch a display of 10,000 fireworks during the Kumano Fireworks Festival.
- Vibrant Cities & Landscapes (access to 7 UNESCO Sites)
- Spring Flowers, Gardens, and Onsens (visiting a classic Japanese garden and seeing hundreds of sakura (cherry blossoms) or soaking in geothermal “onsen” natural hot spring bath).
For guests with more time to explore Japan, the line offers 13-/14-day Highlights of Japan cruise tours, featuring a multiple-night land tour combined with the voyage to experience the wonders of Tokyo and Kyoto.