Annapolis is a port city and the capital of Maryland USA. It is located on Chesapeake Bay, at the mouth of Severn River. The city covers a total area of 21 km2 (8 ml2) and has population around 40,000. Annapolis is approx 40 km (25 ml) south of Baltimore and about 50 km (30 ml) east of Washington. The city is part of Baltimore–Washington metropolitan area.
- The city of Annapolis served as the seat of Continental Congress in 1783–1784 and was the site of 1786 Annapolis Convention and Annapolis Peace Conference, 2007. Annapolis is also the home of St.John's College and the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Banneker-Douglass Museum, situated at 87 Franklin Street in the historic Mount Moriah Church, documents the history of Maryland's African Americans. Since its opening on Feb 24, 1984, the museum has provided rotating exhibits, educational programs, and research facility. Admission is free.
- Hammond-Harwood House, at 19 Maryland Avenue, was constructed in 1774 for the wealthy Maryland farmer Matthias Hammond. Its design was adapted by architect William Buckland (1734–1774) from Andrea Palladio's Villa Pisani in order to accommodate American Colonial regional preferences. Since 1940, when the house was bought from St.John's College by Hammond-Harwood House Association, it has served as a museum.
- Preble Hall, named in honour to Edward Preble, houses U.S. Naval Academy Museum, established in 1845. Its Beverley R.Robinson Collection contains around 6,000 prints depicting American and European naval history from 1514 until World War II. It also homes one of the best ship model collections in the world, donated by Henry Huttleston Rogers.
- Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley memorial, at the head of the harbor, commemorates the arrival of Alex Haley's African ancestor, Kunta Kinte. His story is related in Haley's book "Roots". \
- Paca House and Garden encompasses a Georgian mansion constructed during the 18th century by William Paca (1740-1799), signer of the Declaration of Independence. This unique property includes a terraced garden which has been restored to its previous colonial-era design.
- Annapolis boasts more than 81 ha (200 acres) of parkland, with the biggest park being 70-acre Truxtun Heights Park. Annapolis also homes the 340-acre Quiet Waters Park run by the county.
Port Annapolis cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Annapolis, Maryland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 November, 2018|
The Annapolis cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Annapolis, Maryland.
If you lose the Annapolis location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.