28 °F / -2 °C
Aschach an der Donau is a Danube River cruise port located in Upper Austria, The small town covers a total area of approx 6 km2 (2 ml2) and has population of around 2,000. About 2% of the area is forested.
- First mentioned in 777 at the founding of Kremsmünster monastery, Aschach was initially part of the eastern Duchy of Bavaria and belonged to Duchy of Austria up to 12th Century.
- In 1490 Aschach an der Donau was attributed to Principality of Osterreich ob der Enns. In 1512 it received the Coat of arms and market rights by Emperor Maximilian. During Napoleonic wars it was occupied a number of times. Since 1918, Aschach belongs to Upper Austria state. After the annexation of Austria to German Reich on March 13, 1938 it belonged to Gau Oberdonau. The restoration of Upper Austria began after 1945.
- Aschach features a historic center with houses dating from the Middle Ages, which boast with beautiful facades and courtyards from Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance period.
- The Parish Church with the Danube Cross was built around 1490 and follows the Late-Gothic building of an originally mentioned in 1371 church. The high altar is crowned by healing powers of revered Danube cross. It was purchased ashore in 1693 by a couple of sailors in a flood. The sick restorer of the cross was cured during his work. In 1784, Aschach was split from mother-church Hartkirchen and elevated to independent parish by a decree of Emperor Joseph II. In 1976, the church was expanded and renovated, designed by Clemens Holzmeister.
- Other popular attractions in Aschach an der Donau include the Old Town Hall, Schloss Aschach (privately owned castle / manor house), Donaukraftwerk Aschach (water power plant), Schopper Museum (Market Aschach shipbuilding and shipping history), Fisheries Museum.
Port Aschach an der Donau cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Aschach an der Donau, Austria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|25 May, 2020|
|MS Amadeus Brilliant||11:00||11:00|