Aschaffenburg is a Main River cruise port located in northwest Bavaria, Germany. The city has population around 69,000. It is not considered part of Aschaffenburg district, but is its administrative seat. The city's port is active (with railway access) and handles around 3 million tons of cargo annually.
- Aschaffenburg is situated at Lower Franconia's westernmost border and separated from the eastern and central part of Regierungsbezirk (administrative region) by Spessart hills, where it opens towards Rhine-Main plain. Therefore, the inhabitants speak neither East Franconian nor Bavarian but rather a local Rhine Franconian version.
- The town hosts numerous fairs, festivals, exhibitions, concerts and markets throughout the year, such as the annual Stadtfest, which is held on the last weekend of August.
The town's main sights and tourist attractions include:
- Schloss Johannisburg - chateau / palace built in 1605–1614, which has a library with incunabula, collection of paintings and engravings. Most river cruise ships dock at Schloss Johannisburg.
- Pompejanum - a replica of Roman town house found in Pompeii that opened in 1850.
- Stiftskirche Aschaffenburg - collegiate church founded in 974, but dating from the early 12th century, in which various monuments by Vischers are preserved.
- A sarcophagus with Saint Margaret's relics, and a famous painting by Matthias Grunewald.
- Among the other popular places are several mansions of nobility, theatre (former house of Teutonic Order), the historical Old Town (Altstadt).
- The Park and Schloss Schonbusch are across the river.
Port Aschaffenburg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Aschaffenburg, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|10 May, 2019|
|MS Rhein Prinzessin||21:00|
|11 May, 2019|
|MS Rhein Prinzessin||02:00|
The Aschaffenburg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Aschaffenburg, Germany.
If you lose the Aschaffenburg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.