Culion Island is one of Calamian islands - an archipelago located at Palawan's (Philippines) northernmost part. The island covers a total area of approx 500 km2 (193 ml2) and has population around 20,000.
Calamian islands's largest island Culion is bounded on the east by Coron Reef, on the west by South China Sea, on the north by Busuanga Island, and on the south by Linapacan Island.
- Culion Island is part of Calamian Archipelago in northern Palawan. During the Spanish Colonial Era (1521-1946) the whole region was known as Las Islas de Calamianes, Provincia de Espana.
- The Culion municipality in Palawan province consists of Culion Island plus 41 smaller surrounding isles. Culion was former leprosarium (under the American commonwealth of Philippines).
- The municipality was created in 1992 and covers an area of 1191 km2 (460 ml2) - including territorial waters.
- The surrounding sea waters teem with 201 fish species including some commercially important - like Lapu-lapu (Groupers), Maya-Maya (Snapper), Kanuping (Sweetlip Emperor), Dalagang Bukid (Blue and Gold Fusiliers), Bisugo (Breams) and Tanguige (Spanish Mackerel). Cuttlefish, crabs, shrimps, shellfish, sea cucumber, trepang and squid are also plentiful.
- A total of 3 ecosystems sustain the abundant marine life of the island: corals, mangroves and seagrass. The island features a total of 17 mangrove species, 9 seagrass species and 47 coral genera (representing 60% of Philippines' total genera).
Culion Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Culion Island dock (anchor) at Culion - port town on the eastern coast.
Port Culion Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Culion Island, Philippines. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|2 January, 2019|
|ms Europa 2||12:00||23:00|
The Culion Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Culion Island, Philippines.
If you lose the Culion Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.