Busuanga Island is the biggest in the Calamian Group (Palawan, Philippines) and the province's 2nd largest - after Palawan Island. It is located halfway between the islands Mindoro and Palawan, with South China Sea to the west and Sulu Sea to the southeast. To the south of Busuanga are the islands Coron and Culion.
- The western 1/3 of the island is under Busuanga municipality, while the eastern 2/3s belong to Coron municipality.
- Busuanga is famous as a diving location. Near the end of WW2 (1939-1945), the US Navy bombed and sunk a Japanese ship. Its wrecks are in Coron Bay - a natural anchorage close to the town of Coron.
- Nearby Coron Island boasts the beautiful Barracuda and Kayangan lakes. Barracuda is known for its fabled gigantic barracudas and thermoclines.
- Siete Pecados is one of the best places to snorkel in Coron. It is popularized by the shoot of a local TV show of mermaid love story. Travelers can experience swimming in an aquarium, a great variety of fishes and beautiful corals. Recommended time to snorkel is between 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Current is strong in the morning.
- Busuanga is Palawan's "miniature version" with smaller isles in close range. The resorts can arrange boat rental. A good idea is to head down to Coron's Market Pier and get a boat captain. Boats handle around 6 passengers.
- On its way to Puerto Princesa, SuperFerry calls at Coron. It leaves Manila every Friday afternoon and arrives early Saturday morning in Coron.
- Travel 2go provides bunk bed ferry from Manila and from Puerta Princess to Coron.
- Calauit Game Preserve and Wildlife Sanctuary is situated on Calauit Island on Busuanga's North side. The reserve was created by Presidential decree in 1976 and houses a variety of African species wandering in the wild.
- Maquinit hot spring is a beautiful place to hang out. It takes 20 minutes from Coron town market, and costs 300-400 Pesos depending on passengers' number and how long they stay. 150 pesos is the entrance fee. The hot springs comprise 3 areas - the 2 smaller circular areas are the warmest (above 40 C), and the 3rd larger area is 36 C.
- Other activities can be arranged at Discovery Bar. These include mountain bike tours, horseback riding, jungle treks.
Busuanga Island cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Busuanga Island dock (anchor) at Coron Bay near Coron - port town on the east-southern coast. Some ships may dock at Busuanga - port town on the island's western coast.
Port Busuanga Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Busuanga Island, Coron, Philippines. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|21 November, 2021|