Eckernforde (aka Egernfjord) is a port town located on Germany's coast on Baltic Sea, approx 30 km (19 ml) northwest of Kiel. The town covers a total area of approx 18 km2 (7 ml2) and has population around 22,000.
- Eckernforde is a popular vacation travel destination in northern Germany. It was mentioned for the first time in 1197.
- The city's name has mixed origin. It derived from the name of Danish castle (formerly located close to the current town). The fortification is listed in a 13th century document as Ykaernaeburgh.
- During the early 20th century, Eckernforde was famous for its safe harbour, fishing, manufacture of iron goods, also trade in agricultural products.
- All the German Navy's submarines are stationed in Eckernforde Port.
- The city is home of the alcoholic beverage company Waldemar Behn (estblished 1792). The german firearms manufacturering company SIG Sauer GmbH's headquarters are also located here.
Port Eckernforde cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Eckernforde, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 June, 2019|
The Eckernforde cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Eckernforde, Germany.
If you lose the Eckernforde location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.