Gili Sudak Island (aka Suda) is a small isle (Gili) located in West Lombok (Indonesia), close to the Sekotong beach. This is a desert-island getaway travel destination marked by the loveliness of its underwater scenery.
Gili Islands are located close to Lombok Island, in Indonesia's West Nusa Tenggara province. "Gili" is translated as "small island" in Sasak. Thus, most of the isles around Lombok's coast have "Gili" in their names, though confusion is averted by referring to the other Gilis around the coast of Lombok by their proper names only. Actually, there are a total of 280 small islands which the people of Lombok and Sumbawa named with the prefix "Gili".
Most people only know about the famous three Gilis - Gili Air, Gili Meno, and Gili Trawangan. However, there are many other not less pretty Gilis with their tranquil environment and virgin beaches all around Lombok island.
Gili Sudak Island cruise terminal
Some cruise ships to Gili Sudak Island dock (anchor) at Lembar port (Lembar Harbor) - a major seaport located on Lombok Island's southwest coast. Then their passengers are transported to Gili Sudak via the ship's tender boats.
Most cruise ships, however, anchor near Sudak Island and offload their passengers via the ship's tenders.
The following map of Lombok Island shows all ports, bays, tourist destinations and attractions. The map also shows all the Gili Islands located around Lombok.
Tourism is among the island's most important sources of income. Lombok's west coast is the most developed tourism area with modern facilities. This region is centered around Senggigi. The west coast tourist area features over 30 km (19 mi) of coastline paralleled by a coastal road running between Mataram and Ampenan.
This well-developed tourism region extends to Tanjung (northwest) located near Mt Rinjani. It includes also the peninsulas Sire and Medana and the Gili Islands (located very close offshore). The three Gili Islands are usually accessed by tour boats leaving from Bangsal. also from Teluk Nare or Senggigi.
- This part of Lombok Island has numerous hotels and seaside resorts ranging from budget to top-luxury. Fast boat services run regularly from Bali Island to Lombok, with direct connections to Gili Islands.
- Among Lombok's other main tourist travel destinations are Mt Rinjani, Gili Bidara, Gili Lawang, the parks Narmada and Mayura, Kuta (popular with its white sand beaches) and Sekotong (popular scuba diving location).
- Southern parts of Lombok Island are considered among the world's best surfing locations. The surfing season runs between late March and late September. Among the most popular sites is the Desert Point (at the island's southwestern tip).
- At the northwestern coast (near Tanjung and the Gili islands) are located many of the island's luxury resorts and villas. A new boat / yacht marina was built at Medana Bay.
- The island's both premium golf courses are also here - Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club (near Pamenang) and GEC Rinjani Country Club (west of Mataram City).