77 °F / 25 °C
Hoi An (aka Faifoo) is a Thu Bon River cruise port located in the Quang Nam Province (central Vietnam). The city covers a total area of approx 60 km2 (20 ml2) and has population around 122,000. At Hoi An, Thu Bon River empties into South China Sea.
- Hoi An was designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. The Old Town is the city's historic district, recognized as exceptionally well-preserved example of South-East Asian trading port dating from the 15th century. Its buildings and street plan reflects an unique blend of indigenous and foreign influences. Prominent is the covered "Japanese Bridge" which dates to the 16th century.
- Because of the increased number of tourists to Hoi An, various activities are offered allowing guests to explore the outside city areas by bicycles, motorbikes, motorboats or sea kayak.
- Thu Bon River is essential to the region for over 500 years. It still remains essential for local transportation and food production. Boat trips up the river (to My Son) are one of the major tourist attractions. Motorboating and kayaking are also becoming increasingly popular among tourists.
- The longtime trading port city Hoi An offers distinctive regional cuisine which blends centuries of influences from Southeast Asia. The city hosts cooking classes where international travellers can learn to make cao lau (braised spiced pork noodle), which is signature Vietnamese dish. The culinary experience has become very popular for visitors.
- The city has 4 museums highlighting the region's history.
Port Hoi An cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Hoi An, Vietnam. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 August, 2019|
The Hoi An cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Hoi An, Vietnam.
If you lose the Hoi An location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.