Jaipur is a Dravyavati River cruise port and largest city in Rajasthan state (northern India). By population (around 3,1 million) it is ranked India's 10th largest. Located 260 km (162 ml) from New Delhi, Jaipur is part of the west Golden Triangle circuit (together with Agra). It is a popular tourist travel destination and serves as gateway to other destinations in Rajasthan - like Jaisalmer, Mt Abu, Udaipur, Jodhpur.
- Jaipur (aka "The Pink City") was established in 1726 by Maharaja Jai Singh II, after whom it is named.
- In 2008, Conde Nast Traveller Readers Choice Survey ranked Jaipur Asia's 7th best place to visit. The TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice Awards for Destination (2015) ranked it first among India's top travel destinations.
- Jaipur Exhibition and Convention Centre is Rajasthan’s largest event centre.
- Best known tourist attractions include Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Amer Fort, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Govind Dev Ji Temple, Galtaji, Garh Ganesh Temple, Birla Mandir, Sri Kali Temple, Zoo, Sanganeri Gate. Amer Fort and Jantar Mantar observatory are designated World Heritage Sites. Hawa Mahal (5-storey pyramidal shaped monument) features 953 windows. Kanak Vrindavan and Sisodiya Rani Bagh are city's largest nature parks.
- Another major tourist attraction is Chokhi Dhani (ethnic village resort). This is a small village with themed activities like typical Rajasthani dinner, Camel riding, Palm reading, Magic Shows, Maze, Rajasthani dances.
- Cruise Industry
Pandaw Cruises announced a new river cruisetour in India that will cater to adventurous travelers seeking to explore the heart of this vibrant and...July 3, 2023
- show more news