Oxford MD is a port town in Talbot County (Maryland, East Coast USA). It covers a total area of approx 2 km2 (1 mi2) and has population under 1000. The town is located on the south bank of Tred Avon River and close to where the river empties into Chesapeake Bay (Mid-Atlantic East Coast USA).
- Town Creek nearly splitts the town in two parts (north to south) providing a protected harbor for boats and cruise ships.
- Oxford MD is one of Maryland's oldest towns, officially established in 1683 (first named as seaport). One of town's first houses was built in 1669. The town first appeared on a map in 1670.
- Oxford's glory ended with the American Revolution (1765-1783), when with the British ships also ended goods import. As main crop, tobacco was replaced by wheat, most businesses bankrupt and the population decreased.
- The town is on the route of USA's oldest privately operated ferry service (Oxford-Bellevue Ferry) opened in 1683 and still run today. It links Oxford with Bellevue across Tred Avon River (crossing time 10 min).
- Currently, Oxford MD offers popular leisure tourism activities for weekend visitors, summer residents and boaters.
Port Oxford MD cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Oxford MD, Maryland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|20 March, 2021|
|27 March, 2021|