69 °F / 21 °C
Oxford MD is a port town in Talbot County, Maryland USA. It covers a total area of approx 2 km2 (1 ml2) and has population under 1000. The town is located on the south bank of Tred Avon River and close to where the river empties into Chesapeake Bay (Mid-Atlantic East Coast USA).
- Town Creek nearly splitts the town in two parts (north to south) providing a protected harbor for boats and cruise ships.
- Oxford MD is one of Maryland's oldest towns, officially established in 1683 (first named as seaport). One of town's first houses was built in 1669. The town first appeared on a map in 1670.
- Oxford's glory ended with the American Revolution (1765-1783), when with the British ships also ended goods import. As main crop, tobacco was replaced by wheat, most businesses bankrupt and the population decreased.
- The town is on the route of USA's oldest privately operated ferry service (Oxford-Bellevue Ferry) opened in 1683 and still run today. It links Oxford with Bellevue across Tred Avon River (crossing time 10 min).
- Currently, Oxford MD offers popular leisure tourism activities for weekend visitors, summer residents and boaters.
Port Oxford cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Oxford, Maryland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|29 October, 2019|
The Oxford cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Oxford, Maryland.
If you lose the Oxford location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.