50 °F / 10 °C
Portrush (Port Rois, which means "promontory port") is a small port town and seaside resort located in Northern Ireland (County Antrim, on the border with County Londonderry). The town has population around 7,000. Portrush Harbour is man-made and well protected by two high breakwaters.
- The main part of Portrush's old town, including most hotels, restaurants, bars and the railway station, is built on Ramore Head, a mile–long peninsula, pointing north-northwest. During off-season, Portrush is the dormitory town for nearby campus of University of Ulster at Coleraine.
- The town is famous for its 3 sandy beaches, White Rocks, West Strand and East Strand, as well as Royal Portrush Golf Club, which is the only golf club located outside of mainland Great Britain to have hosted the Open Championship.
- Portrush was the base for Katie Hannan (life boat which damaged in 2008, after it ran aground during a rescue operation at Rathlin Island, currently based as a training boat for RNLI), Severn class lifeboat and Ken & Mary, D–class inshore lifeboat of RNLI. Lifeboats have operated from Portrush Harbour since 1860.
- Attractions in Portrush include Waterworld swimming complex, "The Coastal Zone" (former Portrush Countryside Centre), and, on the edge of the town, the links of Royal Portrush Golf Club, which hosted 1951 British Open golf championship, along with Ballyreagh Golf Course.
- Portrush homes one of the best known nightclubs in Northern Ireland. Kelly's complex includes a multitude of clubs and bars and is the largest nightclub complex in Northern Ireland. It includes the Lush! nightclub which attracts many of the top DJs in the world and hosts the events of BBC Radio 1.
- Portrush also homes Barry's Amusements, which is the largest amusement park found in Northern Ireland. Famous actor James Nesbitt worked in Barry's once.
- The Skerries is a collection of rocks situated off the coast, an important habitat for a number of species, some of which unique to Northern Ireland.
Port Portrush cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Portrush, Northern Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|5 September, 2019|
The Portrush cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Portrush, Northern Ireland.
If you lose the Portrush location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.