Rab Island (Croatia) has a same-named port town (Rab) and is located off Croatian coast (northern Adriatic Sea) and on the northernmost part of Croatia's Dalmatian Coast. The island has total area approx 94 km2 (36 ml2) and population around 10,000.
- Considered to be the most beautiful of the islands in Kvarner gulf, Rab itself is a completely preserved late medieval settlement which served as a base for both Roman and Byzantine fleets. Settled by prehistoric Illyrians, the isle successively came under Roman, Greek, Croatian, Austrian, Venetian, French, Italian and Yugoslavian rule. The principal walled city of Rab, is among the most popular resorts in Croatia.
- The island was mentioned for the first time in Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax (a Greek source, 360 BC) and later by other Roman and Greek geographists by the name "Arba". The name belonged to Liburnians, so far the oldest inhabitants of the island.
- Rab Island has length 22 km (14 ml) and highest elevation point (Kamenjak) 408 m (1339 ft). The island's northeastern side is mostly barren, karst, while its southwestern side is covered by one of Mediterranean's last oak forests.
- Ferries link Rab Island with mainland Croatia (Stinica) and with neighbouring islands of Pag and Krk. European Coastal Airlines offers daily seaplane connections from Rab to Zagreb and Rijeka (Rijeka Airport in Omisalj on Krk Island).
- Cruise ship tourists may explore the network of teeny streets or visit the ruins of the St John the Evangelist Basilica. It is the first in a line of 4 bell towers on a ridge that dominates the old town. Several historically interesting houses have been built by patrician Venetian families.
Rab Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Rab Island Croatia dock (anchor) at Rab - port town on the eastern coast.
Port Rab Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rab Island, Rab, Croatia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|9 June, 2019|
The Rab Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rab Island, Rab, Croatia.
If you lose the Rab Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.