Costa Fortuna deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the Costa Fortuna cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Costa Fortuna staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Costa Fortuna (built 2003, last refurbished in 2014) is the fourth of all five Destiny-class vessels – together with the Costa Cruises ship Costa Magica and the Carnival Cruise Lines ships Destiny/Sunshine, Triumph and Victory.
Costa Fortuna cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1358 staterooms for 2716 passengers (max capacity is 3250 guests), served by 1070 crew/staff. The ship has 13 passenger decks (all named after famous Italian travel destinations), 4 restaurants, 11 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 6 jacuzzies, 12 elevators. Fortuna has no self-service laundromats on board.
Throughout the Fortuna ship are displayed models of Michelangelo and Raphael artworks, advertising posters from the 1920’s, plus 26 replica models of most famous Costa cruise ships (current and former fleet).
Cruise ship Pepper robots
An innovative AIDA and Costa Cruises program implemented latest cyborg technology fleetwide. Humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on dining (restaurants, bars), entertainment (lounges, scheduled events, presentations, promotions) and Costa Cruises shore excursions and tours (offered in ports of call along the cruise ship itinerary).
These robots (named “Pepper”) are able to communicate in 3 different languages (English, German, Italian), to move fluidly and even to interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
Designed by the companies ALDEBARAN and SoftBank, the Pepper robot was launched in Japan (June 2014) as the world’s first “emotional” robot. The machine's main statistics are:
- height 120 cm / 4 ft
- weight 28 kg / 62 pounds
- 3x wheels (omnidirectional)
- 17x joints
- 1x 3D depth sensor
- 2x HD cameras
- 4x microphones
- touch sensors (in its head and hands)
- a 10-inch (25 cm) touch screen
The new technology was first tested on the AIDAstella ship where Pepper learned to engage with passengers and crew. The first set of robots were introduced on Costa Diadema and AIDAprima in April 2016. By the end of summer 2016, Pepper robots were added on all AIDA and Costa ships.
Carnival Corporation's "Ocean Medallions"
Costa Cruises' "Ocean Medallion" is a new generation wearable technology allowing Carnival Corporation cruise ship passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities. The new technology will be implemented on all Carnival Corporation ships in the period 2017-2018.
The medallion is a small disk-shaped device (weight 51 grams, size of an US quarter dollar) that can be sent (for free) to every customer of the company. The medallion stores all the information provided by its owner - online uploaded, as well as real-time uploaded (during the cruise or whenever). It can be weared around the wrist, around the neck or loosely. No matter where it is, the medallion is always on and working.
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then Costa Cruises line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallions' best features is that they allow streamline embarkation/debarkation in each of the ports along the cruise itinerary, also cruise ship and airport transfers (meet & greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.
- For implementing this wireless technology, all Carnival Corporation ships are scheduled to undergo revamping for installing the required network of sensors and computing devices. The company's Bahamian private island cruise ports (Princess Cays, and Half Moon Cay) are also wired to serve the medallions, plus some of the largest US cruise port terminals and airports.
- The first cruise ship serving the Ocean Medallions will be Regal Princess (November 2017). Beside Costa ships, the new technology also serves customers on vessels of Carnival, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, P&O (UK and Australia fleets), and Seabourn.
Costa Fortuna deck plans are property of Costa Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.