Brandenburg an der Havel is a Havel River cruise port located in Brandenburg state, northern Germany. The city covers a total area of approx 229 km2 (88 ml2) and has population around 70,000.
- The city lies on the navigable River Havel, and ships cruising through Brandenburg have the choice of 2 routes. The original route uses Brandenburg City Canal (length 4 km 2,5 ml) through the city centre. This route is limited in size and now allows cruise ships only. Commercial traffic uses Silo Canal - through the city's eastern and northern fringes.
- The Cathedral Island (Dominsel) is the city's historic heart. Here stands its oldest building - Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul. It was completed in the 14th century as Gothic-style cathedral. The Wagner organ (installed in 1725) is one of Germany's most popular Baroque organs.
- St Catherine's Church (built in 1401) in Neustadt is a brick Gothic building. St Gotthardt's Church was built a few years later.
- Old Town Hall is another late Gothic brick building featuring ornate portal and stepped gables. In front of it stands the sandstone statue of knight Roland. It was erected in 1474 as symbol of the city's independence.
- Brandenburg an der Havel also has part of its medieval city wall, with 4 preserved watchtowers: two in the Old Town and two in the New Town.
- Among the other popular tourist attractions are the Brandenburg Industrial Museum, the Brandenburger Theater, the Brandenburger Symphoniker (professional symphony orchestra) and a wide range of archaeology museums.
The Brandenburg an der Havel cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Brandenburg an der Havel, Germany.
If you lose the Brandenburg an der Havel location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.