MS Sans Souci Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Sans Souci
|Year built||2000 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Grave BV (Grave, Holland)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||82 m / 269 ft|
|Beam (width)||10 m / 33 ft|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||MPS Europa|
Review of MS Sans Souci
MS Sans Souci ship cruises on Oder River (between Stralsund and Berlin), also on Leine RIver (between Hanover and Hamburg) and on Elber River (between Dresden and Prague). Some itineraries are on Havel River, Kiel Canal, Midland Canal (Mittellandkanal), Moldau (Vltava) River and Saale River. Cruisetour itineraries visit ports in 3 countries - Germany, Poland (Szczecin) and Czech Republic. The boat is operated under charter by the German tour company Plantours Kreuzfahrten.
The Restaurant offers buffet-style breakfast, waiter served lunch and multi-course dinner, Afternoon Tea service (with cake buffet). Ship's facilities also include Lobby area (with Reception-Tour Desk and Library), Lift (passenger elevator connecting both cabin decks), staircase (between Upper Deck and Sun Deck), Panorama Lounge and Bar (forward location, with large slanted windows, comfortable seating, dance floor), Souvenir Shop, Gym, Sauna,
Sun Deck (Solarium) is the ship's top deck with shaded seating (retractable awnings, sun loungers, deckchairs, 4-seat tables) and Wheelhouse (telescopic). Aft on Sun Deck is located a 5-hole putting green (mini-golf course). On certain channel and river sections, staying on Sun Deck is not possible due to low clearance heights.
The onboard language is German, but Tour Guides, Cruise Director and the ship's key staff all speak English. Wi-Fi is available at fee.
The ship has a total of 40 passenger cabins (for 80 passengers), similarly sized (11-12 m2 / 120-130 ft2), each with 2 connecting lower beds (twins convertible to double) with bedside cabinets. All staterooms are outside, with en-suite bathrooms (wash basin, shower, WC, hairdryer), flat TV (satellite reception), phone, mini-fridge, mirrored desk (dressing table with chair), wardrobe, electronic safe (in the closet), wall-to-wall windows (non-opening), individually controlled air-conditioning. Some cabins are with sofabeds.
The 10-day / 9-night "ELBE AND MOLDAVIA CRUISE" (from Hamburg to Prague) visits Hamburg (overnight), Lauenburg, Domitz (overnight), Wittenberge, Tangermunde (overnight), Magdeburg (overnight), Dessau, Wittenberg (overnight), Torgau, Meissen (overnight), Dresden (overnight), Pillnitz, Bad Schandau, Locks Steti (Czech Republic, overnight), Melnik, Mirejovice, Prague (overnight).
The 8-day / 7-night "HAVEL AND ELBE CRUISE" (from Berlin to Hamburg) visits Potsdam (overnight), Brandenburg (overnight), Pritzerbe, Rathenow, Havelberg (overnight), Tangermunde (overnight), Domitz (overnight), Lauenburg (overnight), Stade, Hamburg (overnight).
7-day cruisetour from Bremen to Amsterdam visits Elsfleth, Oldenburg, Kampe, Dorpen, Papenburg, Leer, Emden, Delftzijl, Groningen, Sneek, Leeuwarden, Hoorn, Amsterdam (disembarkation).
8-day cruisetour from Kiel to Berlin (on Havel and Elbe rivers) visits Brunsbuttel, Hamburg (overnight), Geesthacht, Hitzacker, Wittenberge (overnight), Havelberg, Ketzin, Potsdam, Berlin (disembarkation).
8-day cruisetour from Berlin to Stralsund visits Schleuse Lehnitz, Eberswalde, Niederfinow, Schwedt, Szczecin, Wolgast, Usedom Island on Baltic Sea (Ahlbeck, Heringsdorf), Rugen Island on Baltic Sea (Sellin, Gohren, Binz), Stralsund, Zingst (Zingsthof), Rugen Island (Wittower Fahre, Kap Arkona, Stubbenkammer). Hiddensee Island (Kloster), Stralsund (disembarkation).
Plantours cruise itinerary routes are:
- 10-day from Hamburg to Amsterdam (visits Scharnebeck - Brunswick - Hanover - Minden - Lingen - Paperburg - Groningen - Enkhuizen).
- 8-day from Stralsund to Berlin (visits Zingst - Vitte (Hiddensee) - Wittow Ferry - Lauterbach - Wolgast - Szczecin - Eberswalde).
- 8-day from Berlin to Kiel (visits Potsdam - Rathenow - Hitzacker - Geesthacht - Hamburg - Rendsburg).
- 8-day roundtrip from Stralsund (visits Wittow Ferry - Vitte (Hiddensee) - Greifswald - Lauterbach - Anklam - Demmin - Wolgast).
- 7-day from Bremen to Berlin (visits Minden - Hannover - Wolfsburg - Magdeburg - Brandenburg).
- 7-day from Kiel to Bremen (visits Rendsburg - Kiel Canal - Hamburg - Scharnebeck - Uelzen - Hannover).
- 7-day from Amsterdam to Bremen (visits Hoorn - Sneek - Groningen - Papenburg).
MS Sans Souci cruise fares are inclusive of stateroom, all meals (including dinner on embarkation day and breakfast on disembarkation day), professional tour guides, excursion program, all fees (entrance, harbor, lock fees), gratuities (for local bus drivers and tour guides). Not included in cruise prices are transfers to and from the boat, optional shore excursions, onboard tips ((recommended EUR 6-8 pp per day), drinks, personal expenses, travel Insurance.
MS Sans Souci wiki
- The boat was built as "MPS Europa" in 2000, and was rebuilt in 2006-2007. During the drydock in 2012 (January-February at Fischer shipyard in Mukrena, Germany) were installed new SCANIA diesel engines (8-cylinder, model DI16-52M, power output 441 kW) and 2 new propulsion units (bow thruster, power output 265 kW).
- During drydock 2014 ( January, done in Mukrena) the boat received new wastewater treatment / sewage plant (membrane bioreactor prduced by MARTIN Membrane Systems AG. Also all the ship's lighting was replced with energy-saving LED lamps.
- Onboard power supply is provided by 2 gensets (diesel generators). In order to be able to pass onder low bridges, the Wheelhouse (Navigation Bridge) and all other Sun Deck structures (including the railings) are either retractable or repositionable.