Szczecin is a major cruise and ferry port in Poland (West Pomeranian Voivodeship), located on Oder River (south of Szczecin Lagoon) and near Baltic Sea. The city has population around 410,000 (metro 780,000), ranking it Poland's 7th largest.
Szczecin is served by ferries via Swinoujscie ferry terminal, with regularly scheduled daily connections to Denmark and Sweden.
- Swinoujscie to Ystad (Sweden) ferry links are offered by POLFERRIES (3 daily crossings, time 6,5 hours) and Unity Line (14 weekly crossings / time 7,3 hours).
- Ferry connections Swinoujscie to Trelleborg (Sweden) are offered by TT LINE (9 weekly crossings / time 6 hours).
- Ferry connections Swinoujscie to Ronne (Denmark) are offered by TT LINE and POLFERRIES - both with 1 weekly crossing (time 5 hours).
Port Szczecin is ranked country's 3rd largest, with annual cargo capacity over 10 million tons. It is situated along the southwestern coast of Dabie Lake, on both sides of Oder River as well as on several islands between the river's eastern and western branches. City's transportation links are via:
- Air (Szczecin-Goleniow Airport), located approx 47 km (29 mi) northeast of downtown.
- Trams (network with 12 lines and 95 stops) has a total length of 111 km (69 mi).
- Buses (a network of 70 routes) operated with 50x normal lines, 16 night-routes and 7 express lines.
- Roads (A6 motorway connects to Germany's A11 autobahn, from where to Berlin / 90 min travel time)
- Rail (Szczecin main train station is in the city centre, railway connections are to the Airport and the rest of Poland via Swinoujscie).
On November 5, 2020, at Port Szczecin was successfully conducted its first LNG bunkering of a ship (fueling the docked vessel with liquefied natural gas). The LNG bunkering was conducted by PGNiG Obrot Detaliczny (Poland's largest gas and oil company/part of the holding PGNiG SA) and LOTOS Asfalt (specializing in crude oil production, refining and oil products marketing/part of the holding Grupa LOTOS SA).
Port Szczecin cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Szczecin, Poland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|31 May, 2021|
|MS Katharina von Bora||13:00||18:00|
- Cruise Industry
Fred Olsen Cruise Line's MS Braemar ship is scheduled to depart on a 10-night culture-themed itinerary to the lost lands of Prussia in August 2022...December 12, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The river cruisetour brand Viva Cruises announced it is launching 4 new itineraries on the North Sea and Baltic Sea onboard the company’s first...November 21, 2020
- show more news