Limassol cruise port is the main port in Cyprus. It is located on Akrotiri Bay in the middle between Pahos and Larnaca. It is close to Troodos Mountains southern foothills.
Limassol cruise port is an ideal place to visit because it is in “the middle of everything.” It is located less than half an hour from amazing archaeological sites like Limassol Castle, Kourion and Kolossi Castle. There are a lot of one day mountain trips possibilities. Limassol cruise port is one hour drive from the famous UNESCO World Heritage site – Paphos.
Ships dock at Limassol cruise port from February to December. Greek is the official language of the area, English and Turkish are widely spoken. The original Greek name of Limassol is Lemesos. The capital of Cyprus, Nicosia, is Lefcosia, Pafos is the Greek for Paphos.
Highlights: Kolossi castle , Curium ancient theatre, Paphos
Limassol cruise terminal
Limmasol cruise port terminal is located 70 km from Larnaca International Airport and also 70 km from Paphos International Airport.
The cruise ships dock at Limassol New Port. It is three miles from the city center (direction North) and serves passenger and cargo vessels. If your cruise line does not provide shuttle, there are taxis right at the Limassol cruise port terminal. It is not a good idea to rent a car. There is not available office at the terminal, you have to pay extra for pre-booking. Be aware that the driving in Cyprus is on the left!
Limassol cruise port terminal building spreads over 3,500 m2 and offers facilities including public phones, exchange, tourist information and duty free shop. The currency is euro. Limassol public transport service features three types of buses – urban, inter-urban and rural.
Limassol cruise port welcomes over ninety percent from all cruise passengers that visit Cyprus.
Limassol tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Amathus Archaeological Site: 11 km from Limmassol cruise port, direction East. Here, you can visit major attractions including the Tombs and the Temple of Aphrodite.
- Kolossi Castle: it dates from 14th century. The castle is located in Kolossi village. It is 14 km from Limmasol cruise port, direction West.
- Kourion: located in Episkopi, 18 km from Limassol cruise port, direction West. It is major ancient attraction because it was the major Kingdom of Cyprus ancient city.
- Limassol Zoo: the only Cyprus zoo. You can see panthers, monkeys, lions, zebras, peacocks, tigers, macaws, emu, ostriches, falcons, bears, vultures and more. There is a special area for kids.
- Limassol beaches: they are amazing. Limassol has the longest coat line with plenty of beaches for everyone. Visit some of the most popular including Lady’s Mile, Governor’s Beach, Kourion Beach (Chris Blue), Pissouri Beach and Flo Cafe Beach Cove.
- Castle of Limassol: it dates from 1228 and is an ancient Byzantine castle where King Richard married his Queen Berengaria. Curently it houses the Medieval Museum of Cyprus.
The Limassol cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Limassol, Cyprus.
If you lose the Limassol location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Limassol cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Limassol, Cyprus. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
22 March, 2017
29 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 was denied entry to Aqaba, Jordan and Salalah, Oman due to a norovirus outbreak onboard. Of the 2,403 passengers, Cunard...April 27, 2016
Crystal Cruises was forced to cancel several Crystal Esprit itineraries due to planned "technical upgrades" that took longer than originally expected...April 17, 2016
Just months after her maiden voyage through the Seychelles, Crystal Esprit will spend spring, summer and fall months of 2016 cruising some of...October 17, 2015
- show more news