Limassol is the principal (largest) seaport in Cyprus. It is located on Akrotiri Bay, in the middle between Pahos and Larnaca. The port handles over 90% from all cruise ship tourists visiting Cyprus Island.
The city is located less than half an hour from amazing archaeological sites like Limassol Castle, Kourion and Kolossi Castle. There are a lot of mountain tour possibilities. The city is approx 50 km / 30 ml (1 hour drive) from the famous UNESCO World Heritage site – Paphos. Paphos Archaeological Park is known worldwide for its ancient ruins, the most significant of which are Roman villas, the houses of Dionysos, Orpheus, Aion and Theseus (all with perfectly preserved mosaic floors), also a Theatre and the Tombs of the Kings necropolis.
Ships dock at Limassol cruise port from February to December. Greek is the official language of the area, English and Turkish are widely spoken. The original Greek name of Limassol is Lemesos. The capital of Cyprus, Nicosia, is Lefcosia, Pafos is the Greek for Paphos.
Limassol cruise terminal
Limmasol cruise port terminal is located approx 70 km (43 ml) from two international airports - Larnaca and Paphos.
Cruise ships dock at Limassol New Port, located approx 5 km (3 ml) from city centre (direction north). The new port serves both passenger and cargo vessels. Usually, the cruise line provides shuttle bus service. There is a taxi rank right at the cruise terminal. Know that driving in Cyprus is on the left side of the roads!
The cruise terminal building is sized over 3,500 m2 (37,670 ft2) and as facilities offers public phones, currency exchange, ATMs, tourist information, duty-free shop.
In July 2017, DP World (Dubai) opened a new cruise terminal facility. Sized at 6,970 m2 (75,000 ft2), the new terminal is the corporation's 3rd cruise ship terminal worldwide (following projects in Argentina and UAE).
- The company's decision to built the new facility was based on the fact that Limassol is strategically positioned to become a first cruise port of call for vessels exiting the Suez Canal (on its Mediterranean / northern side). The port's attractiveness is also strengthened by the easy access to two international airports.
- DP World was granted 25-year concession rights (until year 2042) to operate the new cruise ship terminal. The privatization agreement was signed in 2016. The handover of the terminal was finished in February 2017.
Limassol tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Amathus Archaeological Site: 11 km from Limmassol cruise port, direction East. Here, you can visit major attractions including the Tombs and the Temple of Aphrodite.
- Kolossi Castle: it dates from 14th century. The castle is located in Kolossi village. It is 14 km from Limmasol cruise port, direction West.
- Kourion: located in Episkopi, 18 km from Limassol cruise port, direction West. It is major ancient attraction because it was the major Kingdom of Cyprus ancient city.
- Limassol Zoo: the only Cyprus zoo. You can see panthers, monkeys, lions, zebras, peacocks, tigers, macaws, emu, ostriches, falcons, bears, vultures and more. There is a special area for kids.
- Limassol beaches: they are amazing. Limassol has the longest coat line with plenty of beaches for everyone. Visit some of the most popular including Lady’s Mile, Governor’s Beach, Kourion Beach (Chris Blue), Pissouri Beach and Flo Cafe Beach Cove.
- Castle of Limassol: it dates from 1228 and is an ancient Byzantine castle where King Richard married his Queen Berengaria. Curently it houses the Medieval Museum of Cyprus.
Port Limassol cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Limassol, Cyprus. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|24 March, 2018|
|Golden Iris||09:00||17:00||Haifa, Tel Aviv, Israel|
|26 March, 2018|
|Golden Iris||08:00||15:00||Rhodes Island, Greece|
The Limassol cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Limassol, Cyprus.
If you lose the Limassol location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.