Newport is a port city located on Aquidneck Island (Newport County, Rhode Island, U.S.A.). The City of Newport covers a total area of approx 29,5 km2 (11,4 ml2) and has a population of around 24,000 inhabitants (2013 census).
- Newport is situated approx 34 km (21 ml) south of Fall River, 60 km (37 ml) southeast of Providence, and 119 km (74 ml) south of Boston. It is a New England summer resort famous for its mansions.
- The city is the home of Salve Regina University as well as Naval Station Newport, housing the United States Naval War College, Naval Undersea Warfare Center, and a major U.S. Navy training center. Newport was a major 18th-century port and also has a high number of surviving buildings from the U.S. colonial era.
- Newport is the county seat of Newport County. It was famous for being the city of "Summer White Houses" during administrations of Presidents John F. Kennedy and Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Newport is a popular maritime city featuring coastlines on the east, west and south. Its harbors teem with power and sail pleasure craft, as well as commercial fishing boats. Newport is known as the United States' sailing capital.
- Newport RI became a well established cruise port of call on transit itineraries during Canada's Fall Foliage season (September-October). Often, the port has scheduled 2 ships per day, including large ships (like Cunard's RMS Queen Mary 2). In Fall 2017, the port had scheduled 42 ship calls.
- Newport is popular for its history, architecture, culture, culinary (Rhode Island Food Tour). It is also known for its renowned restaurants drawing tourists from around New England. During the week-long Newport Restaurant Week select restaurants in Newport County provide special, reduced price menus. Some restaurants cater to booming wedding industry in the city.
- Aquidneck Island homes many beaches, private and public. The largest public beach in Newport, Easton's beach (First Beach) boasts with a view of the famous Cliff Walk. Newport Cliff Walk is one of the most popular attractions in the port city. It is a 5,6 km (3,5-mile) public access walkway which borders the shoreline, and has been designated National Recreation Trail.
Highlights: Tennis Hall of Fame, Touro Synagogue, Friends Meeting House, Mansions
Newport cruise terminal
Newport has a mobile visitor center providing passengers with maps, tour brochures, information.
Newport tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The "Rhode Island Food Tour" is a 3-hour walking tour to several culinary stops.
The Newport cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Newport, Rhode Island.
If you lose the Newport location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Newport cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Newport, Rhode Island. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
17 April, 2018
23 April, 2018