In June 2016, MSC Cruises announced their "beach oasis" on Sir Bani Yas island (UAE) available exclusively for MSC cruise passengers. In July 2016, this UAE private island destination was also added in the Costa Cruises UAE itinerary program (season 2016-2017) as 1-day stopover (port of call) on Costa neoRiviera itineraries.
During season 2016-2017, Sir Bani Yas Island had scheduled 39 cruise ship calls.
Cruise ship private island Sir Bani Yas (UAE)
The island is located some 110 ml / 170 km southwest of the UAE's capital Abu Dhabi.
- This is a small isle ((1,5 ml / 2,5 km stretch / area size 387,500 ft2 / 36,000 m2) connected to Sir Bani Yas by a wooden boardwalk.
- The new UAE private island features shaded cabanas, 2000+ sunbeds, food and drinks bars, sports facilities, MSC Aurea Spa area, family-kids area, Bedouin tent (for hand-made local arts-crafts), lounge space (live music, full-service bar), hundreds of palm trees, exclusive beaches (with VIP areas and cabanas).
- The project's development took over 2 years. The isle is also one of the region's largest wildlife reserves. On the Sir Bani Yas island is located the Arabian Wildlife Park - home to 13000+ animals and millions of plants and trees.
- Inaugurated on December 15, 2016 (first visit by MSC Fantasia on December 5), the new destination is open for MSC passengers when their ship stops at Sir Bani Yas as part of its Dubai cruise itinerary.
- The island's first visit by a Costa ship (Costa neoRiviera) was on December 20, 2016. Costa cruise passengers have access to a private (Costa exclusive) beach with VIP areas with cabanas.
- Among the island's shore excursion options are jeep safaris in the wildlife park, sea kayaking, diving and snorkelling.
The Sir Bani Yas Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE.
If you lose the Sir Bani Yas Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Sir Bani Yas Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
14 March, 2017
16 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
27 March, 2017
31 March, 2017
Traditionally, well-heeled Indians would travel for leisure to destinations in South East Asia and Europe. However, during the last 18 months...January 9, 2017
Sir Bani Yas Cruise Beach opened on Thursday, December 15, creating another key destination for cruise ship passengers in Arabian Gulf. The ceremony...December 18, 2016
- show more news