Tianjin cruise port (aka Tianjin-Xingang) is located at the head of Hai River on the East coast of China. It is off the Yellow sea, 26 nautical miles from the Bohai Gulf. Beijing is 150 km away. The cruising season is from February to November.
Tianjin cruise port is included in the ship schedule of major cruise lines like Royal Caribbean, Princess, Regent seven seas, Costa Cruises and Oceania cruises.
Port of Tianjin Xingang (translated "Tianjin New Port") refers only is on the Bohai Bay's western shore, centred on the Haihe River's estuary. The port is around 60 km (40 ml) east of Tianjin City. Tianjin Xingang port is the China's largest arfificial port and one of the world's largest, covering a land area of over 120 km2 (46 ml2), with over 32 km (20 ml) of quay shoreline and over 170 cargo ship berths. In 2013, Tianjin Port handled over 500 million tons of cargo and over 13 million TEU containers, ranking it the world's 4th largest cargo port and 9th largest container port. Tianjin Port is part of the itineraries of over 115 container shipping lines operated by around 60 companies, including all the world's top 20 largest.
Tianjin cruise terminal
Tianjin cruise port terminal is located in the Dongjiang peninsula southern tip. It is operational since the summer of 2010. It is the home port of Costa Romantica and Legend of the Seas.
The building of the Tianjin cruise port terminal covers 8 hectares. The passengers’ capacity is 500,000 per year. Currently, there are two berths. They have 625 meters quay length. Tianjin cruise port can handle two big cruise ships simultaneously.
The development plan for Tianjin cruise port terminal includes 6 more berths.
The complex area of the terminal offers duty-free shopping, hotels and eateries. There are customs and migration facilities. On the second floor of Tianjin cruise port terminal building there is a leisure area. The passengers can visit an art gallery or a museum. The area of the port also offers beach and peninsula, both man-made.
The easiest way to reach Beijing from Tianjin cruise port terminal is by a taxi to the train station and then by a high speed train. From Tianjin station to Beijing the distance is half an hour. Parking: at the terminal facility is not available.
Tianjin tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- The Hai River: take a tour along the river and view modern city skylines with old buildings (1860-1940) in western style. The most famous are the Tianjin Railway Station and the the Wanghailou Church.
- Notre Dame des Victories: Hai River’s norther bank. The high cathedral was build after the introduction of the Catholicism, in 1869. the last re-built of the building is from 1983. It was due to the Tangshan earthquake destruction in 1976.
- Ancient Culture Street: the enter is under an arch southwest from the Notre Dame des Victoires. It is not an original street. It is an 19th century street, rebuilt in the modern city. The most popular shops are Tianyige Four Chinese Writing Tools Shop, the Nirenzhang Clay Figurine Shop and Yangliuqing New Year Poster Shop.
- Tianhou Temple/Tianhou gong: located next to Ancient Culture Street. It commemorates the Sea Goddess. It was built in 1326 AD.
- Dagu Fort/Dagu paotai: located on the Hai River’s south bank.
- Grand Mosque: dates from 1644, the Qing Dynasty period. The architecture is in Chinese Muslim style. It is in the Tianjin’s northwest side.
- Zhou Enlai/Deng Yingchao Museum: The Chinese Communist Party founder, Zhou Enlai studied in Tianjin, later in France. He was the first People’s Republic of China premier. He is a hero from the revolution in China. Deng Yingchao is his wife. In the museum you will discover the story of their life.
The Tianjin cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Tianjin, Beijing, China.
If you lose the Tianjin location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Tianjin cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Tianjin, Beijing, China. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
23 March, 2017
4 March, 2017
8 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
22 March, 2017
28 March, 2017
An international cruise operator cut the number of its services that link China directly with South Korea. The move deemed to be in line with the...February 5, 2017
A large Chinese cruise ship with more than 2,000 people onboard was stuck at sea for 2 days because it could not dock in the heavy smog that...January 4, 2017
MSC Cruises will deploy a 2nd ship to China in order to meet growing demand. From May 2018 MSC Splendida will serve the Chinese market...September 21, 2016
An upcoming cruise ship building forum was hailed by China Cruise & Yacht Industry Association (CCYIA) as "baby step" in filling gaps...July 27, 2016
China is anticipated to surpass the United States as the biggest market for Royal Caribbean voyages in the coming years, according to line's chief...July 7, 2016
Ovation of the Seas is the first international cruise ship christened in China. The godmother, actress Fan Bingbing, presided over the naming...June 26, 2016
Royal Caribbean today announced that Fan Bingbing, internationally-acclaimed Chinese actress, will act as the Godmother for the world’s newest...April 13, 2016
A ceremony in Bremerhaven yesterday marked the delivery of Ovation of the Seas - Royal Caribbean's third Quantum-class ship - from Meyer Werft in...April 9, 2016
The newest ship of Royal Caribbean, Ovation of the Seas, began her conveyance on the River Ems on Friday (March 11), traveling backward from Meyer...March 14, 2016
The most innovative cruise ship in the world, Ovation of the Seas nears completion as she floated out on February 18 from Meyer Werft Shipyard in...March 2, 2016
- show more news