Ushuaia cruise port is located on the Beagle Strait in Argentina. It is popular with the nickname ”End of the World” because it is the South America’s southernmost tip. Ushuaia cruise port is the capital of Tierra del Fuego (Land of fire) province. The population of the city is around 45,000 people.
Ushuaia cruise port is a popular port for cruises to the Falkland Islands, the Antarctic and major port of call for all cruises in South America. In the 2008-9 season, 95% of the Antarctic tourism was concentrated here. The busy season for Ushuaia cruise port starts in November and ends in March.
Highlights: Glacier Martial, Museums, Terra del Fuego National Park
Ushuaia cruise terminal
Ushuaia cruise port terminal is located in the city’s heart (Maipu – the Coastal Avenue). Shopping lovers will be pleased to find that the city's main street (San Martin) lined with shops is just a block away.
At the end of the cruise port, there are taxis. Their rate is not fixed, so you have to negotiate. There is also a bus stop. But the best way to explore the city is walking. The official language is Spanish, the currency – Argentinian peso.
Facilities in the ship docking area of port Ushuaia include a few shops (be aware of higher prices than those in the city), Internet and phone kiosk. There is a tourists’ center at the end of the dock. You can also visit the near booths and arrange boat trips and excursions to some of the major attractions of the area. For those who want handmade gifts, there are some shops at the left end of the dock.
Just before Maipu, there is a beautiful small square where you can sit on a bench and enjoy the amazing view of the sea and the mountain.
Ushuaia is among the ports of call on itineraries that include cruising through the Patagonian channels and Chilean fjords in the Tierra del Fuego provinces of Chile and Argentina.
Ushuaia tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Tierra del Fuego National Park: the park spreads over 63,000 hectares. It starts from the Beagle Channel and goes to the border with Chilli. The north border is Lago Kami.
- Beagle Channel: popular excursion is the one in the Beagle Channel’s waters. It is named after the ship of Charles Darwin – Beagle. He used her to explore the region in the 1830s.
- Maritime Museum: Located on Yaganes y Gobernador Paz. You can see famous ships’ scale models.
- Military Prison: located on Yaganes y Gobernador Paz. The prison worked from 1902 to 1947. Currently it houses cut-outs and mannequins in its cells.
- San Juan de Salvamento Lighthouse: located on the Isla de los Estados. The lighthouse dates from 1884. It was famous with the name “End of the World Lighthouse” because of a Jules Vern’s novel.
- End of the World Museum: located on Avenida Maipú173. The museum houses extensive collection of artifacts. Explore the natural history of the region and the aboriginal life.
- Lake Escondido: definitely should see it, if you have more time. It is 50 km from Ushuaia cruise port.
Hotels near Ushuaia cruise port terminal
- Rosa De Los Vientos
- Hotel Villa Brescia
- Alto Andino Hotel
- Cilene del Faro Suites & Spa
- Hosteria Y Restaurante America
- Hostal Malvinas
- Cumbres Del Martial
- Hotel Antartida Argentina
- Lennox Ushuaia
- Hotel Canal Beagle
- Los Naranjos
- Las Hayas Resort Hotel
- Apart Hotel Cabo San Diego
- Posada Del Fin Del Mundo
- Las Retamas B&B
- Hotel Mustapic
- Del Bosque Apart Hotel
- Fueguinos Hotel
- Hosteria Foike
- The House
The Ushuaia cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ushuaia, Argentina.
If you lose the Ushuaia location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Ushuaia cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ushuaia, Argentina. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 March, 2017
3 March, 2017
5 March, 2017
6 March, 2017
7 March, 2017
9 March, 2017
10 March, 2017
15 March, 2017
16 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
23 March, 2017
27 March, 2017
30 March, 2017
1 March, 2017
13 March, 2017
14 March, 2017
19 March, 2017
22 March, 2017
24 March, 2017
25 March, 2017
29 March, 2017
Lindblad Expeditions' National Geographic Orion has suffered power failure as she was leaving Antarctica. The expedition ship has suffered engine...December 30, 2016
An engine fire on Ponant luxury cruise yacht Le Boreal caused hundreds of travelers to be evacuated earlier today while the vessel was sailing...November 18, 2015
Quark Expeditions ship, Ocean Endeavour, has sustained damage from ice in Antarctica, which forced the line to cancel the vessel's next cruise...November 17, 2015
Silversea Cruises launched Grand Expeditions - longer, epic voyages including land adventures. The luxury expedition line promoted five, once-in-a...August 16, 2015
Hurtigruten is moving ms Midnatsol to Antarctica for 2016-2017 season, and more than triples company’s passenger capacity in the...May 23, 2015
- show more news