Review of Britannia deck 16 (Lido-Pool)
- The Crow’s Nest (Bar Lounge) has a large dance floor, stage for live music entertainment in the evenings, and is served by its own bar. The lounge features slanted floor-ceiling windows and ample seating with comfortable leather chairs and bar stools. During the day, Crow’s Nest hosts quiz games, art classes, cooking demos. Crow’s Nest Bar majors on gin – it offers The Great British Gin Menu with a selection of 20+ gins, including some artisan gins and a range of mixers. The sophisticated evening cocktail lounge experience features resident pianist performances.
- Marlow Suite (portside location) is a multifunction room (doubles as Card Room) furnished with 4-seat square tables.
- Library (starboard) has Internet computers along with its huge collection of books. It is open 8 am-noon, 4-7:30 pm and 8-9 pm (on portdays) and 8:30 am-6:30 pm and 7:30-9 pm (on seadays).
- “Fine Dining Restaurant” (portside location) is “Epicurean Restaurant” – a specialty dinner-only venue by the Michelin star Marco Pierre White. This restaurant is open between 6-10 pm, and is reservation-only and at surcharge PP (charges depends on cruise length). The specialty restaurant serves Suite guests only for Breakfast 7:30-9 am (portdays) and 8-9:30 am (seadays). The Epicurean's chefs utilize molecular gastronomy principles and techniques like freeze-drying, precision temperature cooking, fuming flasks of liquid nitrogen to enhance appearance, taste and texture. Guests can also take part in Eric Lanlard's afternoon tea (sea days only at 3:30 pm), which comes with the signature creations of the master patissier, like smoked salmon on spinach bread, cherry tomato and baby mozzarella tarts. The Epicurean's Afternoon Tea includes unlimited pots of Twinings teas. Reservations are necessary.
- Riviera Pool area (2 pools, 1 Whirlpool, Lido deck area with loungers). The Main Pools area also features water jets and a splash area for kids, and the huge “Movies Under the Stars” outdoor LED screen.
- Poolside drinks and fast-food bars – The Pizzeria (open 11 am-6 pm), Lido Bar (open 9 am-7 pm), Lido Grill (open 11 am-6 pm, offers grilled items like vegetable kebabs, quality burgers, classic fish and chips), Riviera Bar (open 8 am to late), “Grab & Go” (Ice Cream Bar, packed snacks and sandwiches, salads, healthy breakfast choices, pastries, muffins, hot dishes, smoothies, desserts; open 8 am-4 pm)
- Atrium area (lift access)
- Ivory Suite (portside, 40-seats capacity) hosts cruise ship weddings and vow renewal ceremonies.
- Horizon Restaurant is the complimentary, self-service indoor/outdoor Lido buffet, open 6:30 am-2 am. This casual restaurant has several food stations (variety of cuisine choices), ample sitting (with square dining tables) and floor-ceiling windows. Innovations include live cooking station for omelets, noodles and pancakes, a dedicated salad counter and a coffee bar. There is a daily theme, that might be Best of British, Mediterranean or Indian, reflected in the food on offer. Snacks and meals are available all day.
- Beach House is a dinner-only casual dining venue (opens in the evening 6:30-9:30 pm). The influence at the spot is American, so guests can expect nachos, buffalo wings, clam chowder as starters, followed by a selection of mains, some of which with a supplement like ribs (GBP2.95), burgers (GBP1.95), lobster tail or blackened cod fillet (GBP5.95). Reservations are recommended.
- Sunset Bar (aft location, overlooking the stern) serves a spacious terrace / outdoor seating area (with both open and covered sections). This bar has a self-service counter for quick bites.
- The Lido Deck is the place for the new Britannia ship’s “Top Deck Entertainment” – the ship’s group of dancers performs here in a high-energy “Laser Light Show” right under the stars.
- Lido Deck also features all the ship’s Single cruise cabins (from L201 to L255) in 2 categories – QF-Single Balcony (forward-starboard location) and SF-Single Inside.
Crow’s Nest Lounge video