Star Breeze deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Star Breeze deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Windstar Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Star Breeze cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Star Breeze staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Star Breeze (built 1989 as “Seabourn Spirit”, acquired / last refurbished in 2018) is the second of all three identical-design new Windstar cruise ships – together with Star Pride (Seabourn Pride) and Star Legend (Seabourn Legend). These three vessels are the biggest in Windstar’s fleet - a luxury brand famous with its computerized tall sailing cruise vessels. The Seabourn-Windstar transfer of Star Breeze was done in 2015. Seabourn Spirit left Seabourn's fleet on April 5, underwent a drydock refurbishment and started operations for Windstar on May 6.
Star Breeze cruise ship deck plan has a total of 106 staterooms for 212 passengers (max capacity is 254 guests), served by 140 crew/staff, with 6 passenger decks, 3 restaurants, 3 lounges and bars, 1 swimming pool, 3 jacuzzis, retractable marina, 3 elevators, medical facility /doctor on the ship.
Windstar Star Breeze is considered a large luxury cruise yacht that is operated with all-inclusive deals. The list of all complimentary amenities and services includes:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (Internet packages can be purchased at the ship’s reception)
- Complimentary 24-hour available room service, twice a day housekeeping, complimentary laundry/ironing
- All meals in all dining venues onboard, at all times, including in-room dining service
- All non-alcoholic drinks (including soda, juices, bottled water, tea, speciality coffees, cappuccino). Alcohol is not included in the Windstar fares.
- Welcome Aboard cocktails
- Complimentary water sports- and fitness equipment, onboard entertainment (incl Star Breeze itinerary related lectures and media presentations).
- The daily schedule of onboard activities is delivered in staterooms each day. Special events and parties on the ship can be designed by the Star Breeze Cruise Director on board.
- Windstar shore excursions are not included in the cruise fares, but booked excursions/tours can be changed or even cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to the tour’s date.
- In each port is offered a “Market Tour” (complimentary) on which you can join the Star Breeze ship’s Executive Chef on his port shopping trip to local markets.
Star Breeze deckplan changes 2020 reconstruction / refurbishment review
On November 15, 2018, Windstar Cruises announced company's "Star Plus Initiative" - drydock refit and refurbishment program budgeted USD 250 million. The project was partially financed through Export Credit facility guaranteed by SACE Italy (financial and insurance products and services). The "Star Plus" drydocking project includes enlarging (stretching) and engine upgrades for fleet's three Star-Class vessels (in brackets - completion dates) - Star Breeze (February 20, 2020), Star Legend (July 2, 2020) and Star Pride (November 20, 2020).
Windstar's "Star Plus" project increased the fleet's capacity by 24%. When completed, the project will result in bigger capacity (254 to 320 passengers, 140 to 190 crew), increased GT tonnage/volume (9975 to 12995 tons), increased length (134 to 159 m), more staterooms (106 to 156), adding new venues and public spaces, machinery upgrades (new Wartsila marine diesel engines). The project was scheduled for the period October 2019 through November 2020, at Fincantieri's shipyards in Palermo (Sicily Island, Italy) and Trieste (Italy).
The ships' drydock lengthening includes cutting each vessel in two and installing a new (prefabricated) midship section with length 25 m (83 ft). Vessel's LOA length will be increased from 134 m (439 ft) to 159 m (522). The midship section has an additional elevator. These sections were built (pre-fabricated and assembled) in Trieste, then barged to Palermo to be inserted into the vessels.
Following the drydocks, each ship will have 2 new dining venues (Cuadro 44 by Anthony Sasso, Star Grill by Steven Raichlen), new / expanded retail shopping space (Signature Shop), enlarged Gym (Fitness Center with Motion Studio for classes), expanded wellness complex (WindSpa by Steiner), new bar lounge (deck 5), larger sundeck and swimming pool (deck 7), new tender loading area (deck 3 midship), two new tender boats (90-seat each), new whirlpool and enlarged swimming pool (on deck 8), expanded and upgraded staff-crew areas and crew cabins. The two new dining venues are a specialty restaurant (Cuadro 44, aft-portside on deck 6, the former Casino area) and a casual outdoor BBQ restaurant (Star Grill, adjacent to Star Bar on deck 8).
Cruise ship's powerplant will be upgraded from the current four Bergen diesel engines (model B33:45, combined power output 7,3 MW) to 4 Wartsila engines (model Wartsila 46F, combined output 5 MW) running on the cleaner ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel) fuel.
Each liner will receive 50 new cabins (to a total of 156), which (based on the total investment) means shipbuilding cost per berth USD 267,000. Among the new cabins are two Midship Owner Suites and two enlarged Forward Grand Owner Suites - all located on Deck 6. All existing staterooms will be completely refurbished, including bathrooms, balconies, sliding doors, furniture, equipment. The new public spaces and staterooms were designed by the NYC-based "The Johnson Studio at Cooper Carry".
Star Breeze deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
Changes and new features in the deck plans after the April 2015 drydock refurbishment and refit include:
- In all passenger staterooms, restaurants, bars and all public areas furnishings and finishings were completely renewed.
- Owners Suites (deck 6) were themed after different destinations operated by Windstar Cruises
- water sports marina platform
- Movie screening room with video games arcade was added, along with 4 new dining venues - one formal restaurant (local cuisine dishes), one alfresco (steakhouse menu) and two buffet restaurants.
Star Breeze deck plans are property of Windstar Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.