Fred Olsen Cruise Line's ship Borealis recently set sail on the Around the World in 80 Days voyage. The roundtrip from Southampton (England UK) follows in the footsteps of the fictional character Phileas Fogg.
From Southampton, the boat arrived in Lisbon (Portugal) on February 26th, before making calls to Brindisi (Italy) and Port Said/Cairo (Egypt) where passengers can visit the Tutankhamun's Tomb on the 100th anniversary of its opening prior to heading on to circumnavigate the globe.
During the 79-night voyage, MS Borealis will transit the Suez Canal, then tourists can explore the temples of Luxor and Karnak (from Port Safaga), visit the bazaars, hidden temples, and the lesser-known Elephanta Caves in Mumbai India or, visit Singapore's Botanic Gardens.
After Singapore follow calls to Japanese ports during the cherry blossom season. Passengers will delve into the Samurai heritage at Fukuoka and Osaka Castle. Next in line are Hong Kong's temples, street food, and architecture, followed by the Transpacific crossing to Hawaii USA.
Details for the ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ itinerary are as follows:
- Borealis’ 79-night ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ cruise, round-trip from Southampton UK on February 23rd, 2023.
- Japan’s cherry blossoms, 3 Hawaiian Islands, the Suez and Panama Canal.
- Ports of call include: Lisbon, Cruising Strait of Messina, Brindisi, Port Said, Cruising Suez Canal, Safaga, Mumbai, Mormugao, Goa, Kochi, Singapore (overnight), Nha Trang, Hong Kong, Hakata, Japan, Osaka, Nagoya, Yokohama, Crossing International Date Line, Honolulu, Lahaina, Hilo, San Francisco, San Diego, Acapulco, Puerto Caldera, Cruising Panama Canal, Cartagena de Indias, Santa Marta, Road Town, Basseterre, Ponta Delgada.
Borealis is scheduled to set sail on a 2nd world cruise from Southampton UK in early 2024, with details as follows:
- Borealis’ 103-night World Cruise, roundtrip from Southampton on January 5th, 2024. Prices start from GBP 13,999 per person, with up to GBP 600 per person to spend onboard.
- Ports of call include: Kings Wharf, Charleston (overnight), Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Cruising Panama Canal, Golfito, Puerto Caldera, Acapulco, Honolulu, Lahaina, Hilo, Raiatea, Papeete, Bora Bora, Crossing International Date Line, Auckland (overnight), Picton, Cruising Marlborough Sounds, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, Sydney (overnight), Newcastle, Cairns, Alotau, Komodo Island, Celukan Bawang, Singapore, Phuket, Kochi, Mormugao, Mumbai, Dubai (overnight), Khasab, Muscat, Aqaba, Cruising Suez Canal, Haifa, Limassol, Rhodes, Valletta, Cartagena.