The transformation of Celebrity Millennium, part of The Celebrity Revolution, is the beginning of Celebrity Cruises’ largest fleet modernization ever, with over US$500 million in upgrades.
Onboard Celebrity Millennium, passengers can enjoy enhancements including:
- Redesigned staterooms and suites
- The Retreat for all suite guests, with a redesigned lounge and a new sundeck
- Redesigned casino and SPA
- Reimagined bars, restaurants, and lounges
- New designer boutiques with the most popular designer names
Celebrity Millennium’s transformation started on January 2 at the Sembawang Shipyard, Singapore, where the ship spent 35 days in the hands of thousands of skilled designers, architects, engineers, artisans, shipyard employees, contractors, and the Celebrity Cruises teams.
When redesigning the accommodations, every detail was thought through with passenger comfort at the forefront. The cruise company collaborated with international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates to transform the staterooms onboard and turned to designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE in order to refresh the suites as well as bring The Retreat to Millennium.
Staterooms and suites enhancements include:
- The Retreat Lounge (ex-Michael’s Club), which is an exclusive 24/7 lounge for ship's Suite Class passengers designed by Kelly Hoppen and offering concierge service, gourmet bites, complimentary beverages, live entertainment
- The Retreat Sundeck for Suite Class passengers designed by Kelly Hoppen, with a hot tub, loungers, cabanas, artwork, and more
- Refreshed suite design, finishes by Kelly Hoppen
- All-new stateroom design via the partnership with Hirsch Bedner Associates
- Redesigned stateroom bathrooms with new fixtures and finishes
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding with luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Advanced RFID lock technology featuring digital key access, added to stateroom doors.
A total of thirty new staterooms were added, including 13 AquaClass, 7 Ocean View, and 10 Inside Staterooms.
The brand reimagined many of the lounges and restaurants on Celebrity Millennium, such as:
- Upgraded Main Restaurant, featuring updated fixtures and more seating
- Upgraded Oceanview Cafe, with increased seating options, new open concept, and globally inspired offerings
- Redesigned Sunset Bar, with inviting seating options for alfresco dining and cocktails
- Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting entertainment and events from day to night, with an enlarged bar and a quiet reading nook.
Other luxurious enhancements across the cruise ship as part of The Celebrity Revolution include:
- Advanced pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- New boutiques featuring the world's hottest designers
- A new, wellness-focused Spa design by New York design firm Krause Sawyer
- A new, semi-private consultation area situated in the fitness center for consultations and personal training
- A new salon with services like a blow-dry bar, luxury manicures, and pedicures
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite featuring new therapeutic spaces and new experiences, including a Turkish bath, salt therapy, and infrared sauna
- Enhanced Photo Gallery and Art Gallery by HBA
- A sophisticated Casino design via the partnership with HBA
- A redesigned Casino Bar with new, state-of-the-art slot machines making The Casino one of the best cutting-edge gaming experiences found at sea.
The Celebrity Revolution enhancements were also made across the crew areas, including crew accommodations.
Celebrity Millennium is the first revolutionary revitalization for the cruise brand. Celebrity Summit entered dry-dock in the Bahamas for her own transformation, with 7 more ships to be refurbished by 2023.