Princess Cruises opened its first waterpark on Caribbean Princess. The liner has been renovated over the last few years with new features that cater largely to families - like larger staterooms, enhanced dining experiences and entertainment. The newest family attraction is The Reef Family Splash Zone.
Situated aft on Deck 17, The Reef Family Splash Zone offers enticing features, such as:
- Splashpad with Whale Feature is an interactive water playground with a splash pool, water sprays and showers. Its focal point is the interactive whale with 'rain" from its fluke.
- New Outdoor Furniture with various seating and lounging options - sectional chairs, single sun loungers, and couches with tables. This way the Reef is transformed into an inviting spot for groups of all sizes, with new fixtures and lovely finishes.
- Game Zone is bringing family competition to a new level via oversized backyard games, comfortable lounge sectionals, as well as a kid-friendly bar setting. Parents can enjoy mocktails and cocktails while challenging children to a game of Jenga, Cornhole, or Connect Four.
- Shade Canopy and Wind Panels are intended for passengers looking for less sun. The canopy has a section of the Reef shade and sun protection. Wind panels are positioned throughout the area.
- Updated Music System and Lighting. Upgraded lighting to the steps and pool as well as wall lighting installations make the space utilized for evening activities and events.
- Refurbished Pool, Jacuzzi, Bar. The existing bar, pool, and spa were updated to match the new space with contemporary artwork and updated signage. In addition, below the Reef on Deck 16 in Camp Discovery outdoor area, children can interact with a destination-themed water table.