P&O Cruises UK announced its expected deployment and phased restart plan for the remainder of the year and into early 2022.
MS Britannia will start the planned western Mediterranean itineraries on September 25, 2021, and Iona will begin her Atlantic coast vacations from the same date. The cruises will follow the series of UK coastal sailings beginning in June.
The first cruises aboard Ventura will be the planned program of Atlantic islands trips from October 3.
After her Mediterranean season, running through October, PO Britannia will reposition to the Caribbean for the winter season as scheduled, followed by PO Azura which will commence Caribbean fly-cruises slightly later than published from December 10.
The length of Aurora and Arcadia‘s scheduled long-haul voyages from January 2022 forced their cancellation and the two liners will not start operations until next year. A replacement itinerary for P&O Aurora is to be announced shortly.
Following ongoing passenger feedback, P&O reviewed its vaccination policy. For all sailings departing from September 25 through December 31, 2021, all passengers 18 years old and over are required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days before sailing.
All passengers 17 years old and below need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days before sailing or require a negative PCR test within 72 hours before travel. All passengers also require a negative Coronavirus/COVID test at the terminal. The PCR and COVID test at the terminal is provided on a complimentary basis. The vaccination and testing policy are being reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation evolves.
The vaccination policy for the UK coastal sailings until September 24, 2021, remains that all passengers, of all ages, must have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 7 days before sailing (or 14 days before sailing if an approved single-dose vaccine).
All customers who have had their voyage cancelled automatically receive an FCC (Future Cruise Credit) worth 125% of the standard deposit terms, along with 100% of any additional money paid. The FCC can be redeemed against any new bookings made by the end of December 2021, on any voyage on sale at the time of booking.
New cruise ship schedule for 2021-2022 features:
- Arcadia is currently paused until September 14 (10 cruises cancelled) then sailing the J204 voyage on March 27, 2022
- Aurora is currently paused until September 1 (9 cruises cancelled) then sailing Central Med on April 13, 2022 (replacement itinerary for early 2022 is to be announced shortly)
- Azura is currently paused until September 1 (cancelled A118A-A124A) then sailing Caribbean fly-cruises beginning on December 10, 2021
- Britannia offers UK coastal cruises from June 27 through September 25 and then sailing Western Mediterranean from September 25, 2021
- Iona offers UK coastal cruises from August 7 through September 25 and then sailing Atlantic coast from September 25, 2021
- Ventura is currently paused until September 4 (2 cruises cancelled / N118 & N119) then sailing Atlantic islands sailings beginning on October 3, 2021.