52 °F / 12 °C
Astrakhan is a Volga River cruise port and city in southern Russia. It lies on both banks of the river, located in the upper Volga Delta and very close to where the river discharges into Caspian Sea. The city has population around 520,000. Astrakhan is approx 1410 km (880 ml) to the south of Russia's capital city Moscow (travel distance by road).
The town was established in 1558. Astrakhan is served by Narimanovo Airport (one of Russia's most modern airports) with direct flights to and from Aktau (Kazakhstan), Istanbul (Turkey), Moscow and St Petersburg. The city is linked by rail to Volgograd and Moscow (north), Atyrau and Kazakhstan (east) and Makhachkala and Baku (south). Direct trains link it to Moscow, Volgograd, Sr Petersburg, Baku, Kiev, Brest. Main transportation is provided by buses (including trolley and mini).
Astrakhan cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Astrakhan are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Suvorov and MS Budyonny.
- St Petersburg-Astrakhan (12-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Astrakhan-St Petersburg (25-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Astrakhan-Samara (8-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Astrakhan-Saratov (6-day cruisetour)
- Volgograd-Astrakhan-Volgograd (4-day cruisetour)
- Astrakhan-St Petersburg (14-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Astrakhan-Bulgarians-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Astrakhan-Bulgarians-Kazan (10-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Astrakhan-Moscow (19-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Astrakhan (9-day cruisetour)
- Astrakhan-Moscow (10-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Astrakhan (2 days)-Moscow (19-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Rostov-Astrakhan-Kazan (16-day cruisetour)
- Volgograd-Rostov-Astrakhan-Volgograd (10-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Astrakhan-Kazan (11-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Astrakhan-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Rostov-Astrakhan-Saratov (12-day cruisetour)
Astrakhan cruise port videos
Port Astrakhan cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Astrakhan, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|9 October, 2019|
|MS Ivan Bunin||09:00||20:00|
|20 October, 2019|
|MS General Lavrinenkov||08:00||20:00|
- Cruise Industry
Russia’s first cruise liner under construction at Lotus Shipyard in Astrakhan is due to be ready for water tests in 2019, President of the USC...November 16, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Russia and Azerbaijan will organize cruise trips on Caspian Sea, according to Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping CJSC which reported the news on December 28...December 29, 2017
- show more news