Kazan (Казан) is a Volga River cruise port, as well as the largest city and capital of Tatarstan (one of Russia's republics). By population (around 1,2 million) the city is ranked Russia's 8th largest. It is located at the confluence of two rivers - Volga and Kazanka.
The city's best-known tourist attractions are Kazan Kremlin and Kazan Riviera. Kazan Kremlin is a citadel built by Tzar Ivan Grozny (1547-1584) on the ruins of the khan's castle. Kazan Kremlin includes the buildings Annunciation Cathedral (an orthodox church with 6 piers and 5 apses), Soyembika Tower, Spasskaya Tower, Secret Tower, snow-white towers, and walls, Qol-Sarif mosque, Governor's House (Tatarstan's presidential palace). Since 2000, the city is being constantly renovated and rebuilt (including Kazan Kremlin), and in 2005 was celebrated its 1000th anniversary.
Kazan is one of Russia's largest industrial and financial centers, ranked Russia's 3rd by total banking capital. The main industries are mechanical engineering, chemical and petrochemical industries, food processing, aircraft (engines plant, aircraft production factory). Here is Russia's largest IT-park.
The city is served by Kazan International Airport (approx 26 km / 16 mi from downtown). Railways connect Kazan to Moscow, Ulyanovsk, Yoshkar-Ola, Yekaterinburg. The federal highway links it to Moscow and Ufa, Orenburg, Ulyanovsk, and Igra, as well as to Northern Europe and Western China.
Kazan cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Kazan are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Pushkin, MS Kuchkin, MS Novgorod, MS Gorky, MS Suvorov, MS Frunze, MS Budyonny.
Departure ports are Saratov, Volgograd, Perm, Nizhny Novgorod, Cheboksary, Astrakhan, Samara, Rostov-on-Don, Moscow, St Petersburg. The VODOVOD-operated routes (excluding itineraries through Kazan) are:
- Novgorod-Kazan-Novgorod (4-5-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Moscow (6-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Kazan (5-6-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Kazan-Moscow (11-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Kazan-Ulyanovsk-Moscow, and Moscow-Kazan-Yelabuga-Moscow (12-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Kalyazin-Moscow (2 days)-Tver-Kazan (12-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Kalyazin-Moscow (6-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Yelabuga-Moscow (8-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Kazan-Yelabuga-Novgorod (6-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Togliatti-Tetyushi-Bulgarians-Kazan-Sviyazhsk-Ulyanovsk-Volga Cliff-Samara( (5-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Astrakhan-Bulgarians-Kazan (10-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Astrakhan-Kazan (10-11-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Samara-Ulyanovsk-Kazan-St Petersburg (17-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Karelia-St Petersburg (2 days)-Kazan (17-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Samara (3-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Samara-Kazan (3-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Samara-Ulyanovsk-Kazan (4-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Mariinsky Posad-Novgorod-Kazan (4-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Volgograd-Bulgarians-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Volgograd-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-St Petersburg-Kazan (18-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-St Petersburg (8-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Rostov-Astrakhan-Kazan (16-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Rostov-Kazan (14-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Makaryevo-Novgorod-Kazan (4-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Perm-Samara-Kazan (10-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Cheboksary (Yoshkar-Ola)-Novgorod-Kazan (4-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Kazan-Cheboksary-Samara (4-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Perm-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Uglich-Myshkin-Kazan (8-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Kazan-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
Port Kazan cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 May, 2022|
|MS Tikhi Don||08:00||11:00|
|8 May, 2022|
|MS General Lavrinenkov||09:00||12:00|