14 °F / -10 °C
Perm is a Kama River cruise port and city located near Ural Mountains. The city has population around 1 million, ranking it Russia's 13th most populous. In the period 1940-1957 the city was named Molotov.
Kama River is the main tributary of Volga River and one of Russia's deepest rivers. This is the main waterway connecting Ural Mountains with 5 seas (White, Baltic, Azov, Black, Caspian). The city is divided by the river into two parts and stretches along it for approx 70 km (43 ml). City's street grid parallels the river (generally east-west), while main streets are perpendicular to those following the river.
The city was officially established in 1781 and soon became a major metal processing center. In the 1930s, Perm grew as a major industrial city (aviation, shipbuilding, chemical factories). During WW2 (1939-1945) it was a vital center of USSR's artillery production. Today Perm is a major industrial and scientific center, with leading industries electric power engineering, Russian aircraft industry (rocket engines), machine building, defence, oil production, oil and natural gas refining (LUKoil), cables and wires production (JSC KAMKABEL), chemical, petrochemical, forestry processing, food industry.
The city is served by the Trans-Siberian Railway connecting Central Russia with northern Ural and the Far East. Kama River is an important deep-waterway connecting with the European waterways via Volga. Cargo shipping from Perm to the 5 seas doesn't require reloading in intermediate ports. The city is served by Bolshoye Savino - an international airport located approx 16 km (10 ml) to the southwest. Public transitation options include trams, buses, trolleys and city-train routes.
Perm cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Perm are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Kuchkin, MS Gorky, MS Korotkov, MS Suvorov, MS Frunze, MS Budyonny.
- Saratov-Perm-Saratov (11-day cruisetour)
- Volgograd-Perm-Volgograd (13-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Perm-Samara (12-day cruisetour)
- Perm-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Perm-Samara (9-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm (5-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Novgorod (9-10-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Samara-Novgorod (13-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Perm-Volgograd-Novgorod (16-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Perm-Samara-Kazan (10-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Perm-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Izhevsk-Perm-Kazan (7-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Perm-Moscow (15-16-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Perm (9-day cruisetour)
- Perm-Moscow (8-day cruisetour)