Saratov is a Volga River cruise port and city in southwestern Russia, located north of Volgograd. City's population is over 840,000, ranking it Russia's 17th largest.
Local economy is based on industries serving the region's rich natural and industrial resources. The city has 6 Russian Academy of Sciences institutes, 21 research institutes, 19 project institutes, state universities (Socio-Economic, Technical, Medical, Agrarian, Academy of Law), many colleges, scientific and technological laboratories.
Saratov Tsentralny Airport serves both domestic and international flights. Motorways provide the city with direct links to Volgograd, Samara and Voronezh. Railways also provide direct connections to major cities. Volga River is an important waterway connecting Saratov with Moscow and St Petersburg. Public transportation is based mainly on buses and trolleys.
Saratov cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Saratov are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Kuchkin, MS Gorky, MS Korotkov, MS Suvorov, MS Frunze, MS Budyonny, MS Zhukov, MS Krylov.
- Saratov-Volgograd-Saratov (3-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Perm-Saratov (11-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Rostov-on-Don-Saratov (9-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Rostov-on-Don-Astrakhan-Saratov (12-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-St Petersburg (2 days)-Saratov (20-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-St Petersburg and St Petersburg-Saratov (10-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Saratov (10-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Saratov (7-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Kalyazin-Moscow (2 days)-Tver-Saratov (17-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Moscow (2 days)-Saratov (16-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Moscow (9-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Nizhny Novgorod-Saratov (8-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Astrakhan-Saratov (6-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Uglich-Saratov (12-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Yaroslavl-Tutaev-Saratov (11-day cruisetour)
- Saratov-Karelia-St Petersburg (13-day cruisetour)
Saratov cruise port videos
The Saratov cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Saratov, Russia.
If you lose the Saratov location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.