Samara (previously known as Kuybyshev) is a Volga River cruise port and Russia's 6th largest city by population (around 1,2 million, metro over 3 million). It is located on the river's east bank, at the confluence of Volga and Samara River.
In the period 1935-1991, the city was named "Kuybyshev" (Куйбышев). Samara is one of European Russia's most important political, economic and industrial cities. City's long and beautiful riverfront is considered one of the country's most popular recreation places for tourists.
City's economy is based on industrial productions - aerospace launch vehicles, satellites. Well developed are space services (here is the Progress research and rocket production center), rocket engines (Kuznetsov Design Bureau), cables (Volgacable), aircraft (Aviakor), rolled aluminum, power stations block-module manufacturing, also chemical and cryogenic products; gas-pumping equipment; bearings, drilling bits; automated electrical and airfield equipment, truck-mounted cranes, construction materials, food processing, vodka production (the brands Rodnik and Vektor).
Samara is served by Kurumoch International Airport (domestic and Central Asia flights, direct flights to Frankfurt, Prague, Helsinki, Dubai). Direct rail lines link to Moscow and other large cities. Samara is also a major river port. M5 Highway links to Moscow and Ural. City's public transportation includes Metro, trams, buses, trolley, commuter trains.
Samara cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Samara are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Kuchkin, MS Novgorod, MS Belinsky, MS Suvorov, MS Frunze, MS Budyonny.
- Samara-Volgograd-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-St Petersburg (3 days)-Karelia-Samara (20-day cruisetour)
- Samara-St Petersburg (10-day cruisetour)
- St. Petersburg-Samara (9-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Togliatti-Tetyushi-Bulgarians-Kazan-Sviyazhsk-Ulyanovsk-Volga Cliff-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod (4-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Samara-Ulyanovsk-Kazan-St. Petersburg (17-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Samara-Novgorod (6-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Perm-Samara (12-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Astrakhan-Samara (8-day cruisetour)
- Perm-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Samara (3-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
Port Samara cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Samara, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|18 October, 2018|
The Samara cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Samara, Russia.
If you lose the Samara location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.