36 °F / 3 °C
Samara (previously known as Kuybyshev) is a Volga River cruise port and Russia's 6th largest city by population (around 1,2 million, metro over 3 million). It is located on the river's east bank, at the confluence of Volga and Samara River.
In the period 1935-1991, the city was named "Kuybyshev" (Куйбышев). Samara is one of European Russia's most important political, economic and industrial cities. The city's long and beautiful riverfront is considered one of the country's most popular recreation places for tourists.
The city's economy is based on industrial productions - aerospace launch vehicles, satellites. Well developed are space services (here is the Progress research and rocket production center), rocket engines (Kuznetsov Design Bureau), cables (Volgacable), aircraft (Aviakor), rolled aluminum, power stations block-module manufacturing, also chemical and cryogenic products; gas-pumping equipment; bearings, drilling bits; automated electrical and airfield equipment, truck-mounted cranes, construction materials, food processing, vodka production (the brands Rodnik and Vektor).
Samara is served by Kurumoch International Airport (domestic and Central Asia flights, direct flights to Frankfurt, Prague, Helsinki, Dubai). Direct rail lines link to Moscow and other large cities. Samara is also a major river port. M5 Highway links to Moscow and Ural. The city's public transportation includes Metro, trams, buses, trolley, commuter trains.
Samara cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Samara are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Kuchkin, MS Novgorod, MS Belinsky, MS Suvorov, MS Frunze, MS Budyonny.
- Samara-Volgograd-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-St Petersburg (3 days)-Karelia-Samara (20-day cruisetour)
- Samara-St Petersburg (10-day cruisetour)
- St. Petersburg-Samara (9-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Togliatti-Tetyushi-Bulgarians-Kazan-Sviyazhsk-Ulyanovsk-Volga Cliff-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod (4-day cruisetour)
- St Petersburg-Samara-Ulyanovsk-Kazan-St. Petersburg (17-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Samara-Novgorod (6-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Perm-Samara (12-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Astrakhan-Samara (8-day cruisetour)
- Perm-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
- Kazan-Samara (3-day cruisetour)
- Samara-Novgorod-Samara (5-day cruisetour)
Port Samara cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Samara, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|30 April, 2020|
|MS General Lavrinenkov||17:00||21:00|