Foynes is a port town in County Limerick (Ireland's midwest), located at the edge of hilly land on Shannon River Estuary's southern bank. The small town has population around 500.
- Currently, Foynes is a deep water seaport operated by Shannon Foynes Port Company. It's anticipated that more shipping traffic from Limerick will be diverted the port's lands are redeveloped into residential and commercial properties.
- There is a railway line from Foynes to Limerick (via Raheen and Patrickswell) but is currently non operational. This means that the port's all passenger operations are by road.
- In 2000, Foynes Port Company was united with Shannon Estuary Ports Company. The merger formed SFPC (Shannon Foynes Port Company) - Ireland's 2nd largest port facility. It handles more than 10 million tons of cargo annually through 6 cargoship terminals. Permission is granted for LNG import ship terminal (at Ballylongford) within SFPC's jurisdiction. Once built, the LNG terminal will add largely to throughput.
- An award winning 12,000 m2 (129,200 ft2) garden overlooks Shannon River's estuary. The famous Knockpatrick Gardens are just 2 km (1 ml) from Foynes.
- Foynes is close to the town of Adare (ranked among Ireland's prettiest) and Limerick (to the east). Shannon Airport is the region's main gateway. Foynes is on the N69 "coast road" linking the town with Tralee and Tarbert.
Port Foynes cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Foynes, Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|13 June, 2019|
The Foynes cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Foynes, Ireland.
If you lose the Foynes location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.