Haugesund is a port town in Rogaland county, Norway. The city has population around 37,000 and covers a total area of approx 73 km2 (28 ml2). Haugesund is located between Stavanger and Bergen, and among numerous small isles and often-visited by cruise liners Norwegian fjord destinations (Akrafjord, Hardangerfjord, Lysefjorden).
- The pink city hall has been elected the most beautiful building in Haugesund. It was built in 1931 and designed by Herman Munthe-Kaas and Gudolf Blakstad. The hall is one of Norway's finest neo-classical buildings.
- In the 21st century, the town established its position as a major trading centre and mai port for for Hordaland county. It has several relatively big shopping centres, considering the city's size. However, this led to a decline of trade and shopping activity in the centre.
- Sildajazz (the Norwegian Trad-jazz festival) is held every August here. It features live performances by around 70 bands (both international and Norwegian musicians), with around 200 concerts.
- The town also hosts the Norwegian International Film Festival.
- "RockFest" is an annual rock festival held here annually since 2004. It attracts many famous international, national and local pop and rock bands. This festival started as part of the celebration of town's 150 year anniversary. The last Rockfest was in 2009, as since 2010 it was replaced by the new "Haugesund Live" series of concerts.
Haugesund cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Haugesund dock on a pier located under 1 km from the town center. The distance is easily walkable, but free bus shuttle service is also provided.
Port Haugesund cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Haugesund, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 May, 2019|
|17 May, 2019|
|23 May, 2019|
|25 May, 2019|
|28 May, 2019|
The Haugesund cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Haugesund, Norway.
If you lose the Haugesund location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
- Cruise Industry
Azamara Cruises celebrated unique occurrence on Monday, August 6, when a pair of their cruise ships, including fleet's newest addition Azamara...August 7, 2018
- show more news