Koh Lanta Island (Koh Lanta Yai and Koh Lanta Noi) is located in Andaman Sea, between Phi Phi Islands and off mainland Thailand's west coast. The island has land area of approx 81 km2 (31 ml2) and population around 11,000.
- Ko Lanta is part Krabi Province, most of which is on mainland Thailand. The two islands (Ko Lanta Noi and Koh Lanta Yai) forming the Ko Lanta Archipelago), together with several other smaller neighbouring islands,
- The island has length 25 km (16 ml) and width 6 km (3,7 ml). A small portion of it belongs to Mu Ko Lanta National Park, designated in 1990 as Thailand's 62nd national park.
- As vacation travel destination, Koh Lanta is less developed and most of the available accommodations are bamboo huts. Since 2015, a new bridge connects Koh Lanta Yai with Ko Lanta Noi. Koh Lanta Yai has paved roads (mostly in the north) as the southern roads deteriorate gradually.
- Ban Saladan 9island's main port town) is at the northern tip and is served by ferries from Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi. Main beaches are on the island's western coast, the largest of which are Pra-Ae, Klong Khong and Klong Dao. Less accessible beaches are at the southern coast.
- In 2004 Koh Lanta Island escaped the worst of the Indian Ocean earthquake. Though along the west coast there was widespread devastation, significantly fewer fatalities and injuries were reported in comparison to Phi Phi Islands. Most tourism-related businesses were up and running within several days after the earthquake.
Koh Lanta Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Koh Lanta Island dock (anchor) at Ban Sala Dan, located on the island's northern tip.
The Koh Lanta Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Koh Lanta Island, Thailand.
If you lose the Koh Lanta Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.