Kuda Finolhu Island is a resort island (officially Kanufushi Island), part of the Baa Atoll, in Maldives' western part. The island is located just 30-min seaplane travel from Male Airport (Kaafu Atoll), or an alternatively 15-min flight to Baa Atoll's Airport (on Dharavandhoo Island) and then 20-min speedboat ride to Kuda Finolhu.
The resort was developed by the local company "The Small Maldives Island Co".
On the island are available for renting the following types of accommodations: Lagoon Villa, Ocean Pool Villa, Beach Villa, Beach Pool Villa. The largest and most luxurious are the 2-Bedroom accommodations - Ocean Lagoon Pool Villa, and Beach Pool Villa.
Unique to the Kuda Finolhu are the Finolhu Dollars credit discounts.
- Finolhu Dollars can be purchased upon booking. These are added to the visitor's resort credit account and can be used at all the island's food and drink outlets, also for HUB (scuba diving /snorkeling) activities, Thunderball (watersports) and Cove Club (spa) offers.
- The credit can be pre-purchased online, and also within the first 24 hours after the arrival to the island.
- The credit's max amount is USD 5000. Purchasing Finolhu Dollars offers dicounted prices (of food and beverages, spa treatments, watersports) up to 40% off. Excluded from the discount pricing are only tobaccos and retail shopping (at the resort's Edition store).
- Finolhu Dollars can't be refunded.
- Unlimited beverage packages are also offered. They vary from cocktails, assorted spirits and wines (wine cellar selection) to non alcoholic drinks (from the resort's a la carte priced menu). The unlimited package price is around USD 70 pp per day (subject to change).
Kuda Finolhu Island cruise terminal
The following YouTube video reviews Kuda Finolhu resort's best features and leisure activities. This high-resolution (4K) drone-made video of the island was produced during the resort's inauguration in June 2016.
Port Kuda Finolhu Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kuda Finolhu Island, Maldives. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|4 January, 2022|