Mlcechvosty-Vranany is a large/two-part village and a Vltava River (Elbe River) cruise port in Czechia's/Czech Republic's Melnik District (Usti nad Labem Region). The road distance to Prague (Czechia's capital city) is approx 40 km (25 mi), or around 40-min drive on Dalnice-D8 hIghway (linking Prague with Dresden via Petrovice and Bad Gottleuba). Most boats dock in Mlcechvosty - located along the river at approx 2 km (1 mi) southwest of Vranany.
Vranany is best-known with Lateralní plavební kanal Melník-Vranany (Lateral Navigation Canal). The 10-km long waterway is artificial (completed in 1905) and allows large-sized riverboats to safely navigate on Vltava River avoiding the dangerous currents before Vltava's confluence with Elbe River. The Melník-Vranany Canal has min depth 2,4 m (8 ft) and at Horin Lock is divided into two parts/channels - upper and lower. The upper channel has length 6 km and width 18-36 m. The lower channel (Horin-Melník) has length 4 km and width 18-40 m. The Vranany-Melník Canal is one-way and traffic lights-controlled (at the turnout in Luzice nad Vltavou).
As cruise port, Mlcechvosty-Vranany was introduced in the 2021 schedule of Nicko Cruises Germany (brand of Mystic Cruises). Nicko Tours' 8-day "The Splendours of the Elbe" itinerary was included in the program of MS Frederic Chopin and interlinked Dresden-Litomerice-Melnik-Prague.
"The Splendours of the Elbe" cruise itinerary review
"The Splendours of the Elbe" (UK cruisetour) prices started from GBP 2245 pp (EUR 2450 / USD 2970) Outside cabin with double occupancy and included international flights and transfers. Nicko's cruise-only prices started from EUR 1050 pp (GBP 950 / USD 1280).
|Date / Time||Port|
|Day 1/ 24:00||Departing from Dresden, Germany|
|Day 2/ 22:00 - Day 3/ 04:00 (overnight)||Bad Schandau, Germany|
|Day 3/ 17:00 - Day 4/ 06:00 (overnight)||Litomerice, Czechia|
|Day 4/ 13:00 - 17:00||Melnik, Czechia|
|Day 4/ 20:30 - Day 5/ 06:30 (overnight)||Mlcechvosty-Vranany, Czechia|
|Day 5/ 13:00 - Day 6/ 11:00 (overnight)||Prague, Czechia|
|Day 6/ 17:00 - Day 7/ 07:00 (overnight)||Trebenice, Czechia|
|Day 7/ 13:00||Arriving in Prague, Czechia|
Shore excursions are optional (cost extra) and can be booked on the ship or prepurchased upon booking the voyage. Nocko's program listed the following details:
- (Day 1) Flight from London to Berlin, bus transfer to Dresden (boat embarkation at 3 pm).
- (Day 2) Dresden (departure at 12-noon), city tour (Frauenkirche, Semperoper, Dresdner Zwinger, Bruhlsche Terrasse), arrival in Bad Schandau (mooring at 10 pm)
- (Day 3) departure from Bad Schandau (at 4 am), arrival in Litomerice (mooring at 5 pm, overnight on the ship, departure 6 am on Day 4)
- (Day 4) passing Porta Bohemica on Elbe River, arrival in Melnik (mooring at 1 pm, departure at 5 pm, Melnik Castle tour with wine tasting), arrival in Mlcechvosty (mooring at 8:30 pm/overnight)
- (Day 5) Mlcechvosty (departure at 6:30 am), Elbe River cruising towards Prague (arrival/mooring at 1 pm), guided city tour (Jewish quarter, Charles Bridge), overnight
- (Day 6) Prague (departure at 11 am), arrival in Trebenice (docking at 5 pm, Castle Hill excursion), evening docking approx 50 km (30 mi) south of Prague (near Slapy Reservoir)
- (Day 7) Trebenice (departure at 7 am), arrival/mooring in Prague (at 1 pm), beer tasting tour, overnight on the ship
- (Day 8) Prague (boat debarkation at 9 am), bus transfer to Prague Airport, home flight
Port Mlcechvosty-Vranany cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mlcechvosty-Vranany, Czechia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|10 August, 2021|
|MS Frederic Chopin||20:00||06:00|
|24 August, 2021|
|MS Frederic Chopin||20:00||06:00|