60 °F / 16 °C
Pohang is a port city in South Korea's North Gyeongsang province, with population around 520,000, ranking it country's 22nd largest
Pohang is the main seaport in Daegu-Gyeongbuk region. The city is divided into 2 wards - Nam-gu (southern) and Buk-gu (northern). Pohang is the terminus for several ferry routes serving the cargo and passenger shipping traffic in Sea of Japan. The main tourist route includes Liancourt Rocks and Ulleung Island. Pohang is also the northern terminus of Donghae Nambu Line (railway line to Busan). POSCO (Pohang Steel Company) is one of the world's biggest steel production companies.
Pohang's best known tourist attractions include:
- Jukdo Market is a large traditional market close to the city centre and the port. It is popular throughout Korea as a major seafood market. There are many raw-fish restaurants.
- Bukbu Beach is situated in Duho-dong in the northern part of city's built-up area. The beach front was the focus of such developments as restaurants, bars and budget accommodations named Yeogwan. A number East Sea beaches can be found north of the built-up area which includes Wolpo and Chilpo.
- Homigot, a point of land sticking out into East Sea, lies to the east of urban Pohang, Daebo-myeon. Homigot is among the easternmost points on Korean peninsula and serves every year as the gathering site for thousands to greet the first sunrise of the New Year in Korea. The beach is also home to the sculpture 'Hands of Harmony'.
- Bogyeongsa is an important Buddhist temple nestled in a steep valley at the foot of 710-metre Mount Naeyeon in Songna-myeon, a region in Pohang's extreme northern part. Close by, in the same mountain valley, is Yeonsan Waterfall. Hiking trails lead from the temple up in the mountains. Bogyeongsa has several mountain hermitages.
- Oeosa temple lies inside the mountains south of a coastal plain formed by Naengcheon River. It is situated at the foot of 481-m high Mt Unjae (Daesong-myeon valley).
Port Pohang cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pohang, South Korea. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 June, 2019|
The Pohang cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pohang, South Korea.
If you lose the Pohang location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.