54 °F / 13 °C
Tver is a Volga River cruise port and city located in central-western Russia. The city is located approx 180 km (110 ml) south of Russia's capital Moscow, and has population around 420,000.
The city was established in the 12th century, situated at the confluence of three rivers - Volga, Tvertsa and Tmaka. In the period 1931-1990, the town was named "Kalinin".
Tver is connected directly with Moscow and St Petersburg via M10 Highway, Oktyabrskaya Railway and the high-speed train Sapsan. Commuter rail links Tver to Moscow, Bologoye, Torzhok. Most Moscow outbound trains to northwest regions stop in Tver'. The planned high-speed railway St Peterburg-Moscow will have "New Tver'" train station located several kilometers south of the city. Public transitation includes buses, trolleys, trams, mini-buses. Nearest airport is Sheremetyevo (Moscow).
Tver cruise terminal
Among the Russian cruise ships visiting Tver are the VODOHOD-owned boats MS Suvorov, MS Korotkov, MS Dzerzhinsky, MS Radischev.
- Kazan-Kalyazin-Moscow (2 days)-Tver-Kazan (12-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Tver-Kazan (6-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Tver-Uglich-Myshkin-Moscow (4-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Tver-Kalyazin-Dubna-Coniferous forest-Moscow (4-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Kalyazin-Moscow (2 days)-Tver-Novgorod (10-day cruisetour)
- Novgorod-Tver-Novgorod (7-day cruisetour)
- Moscow-Tver-Moscow (3-day cruisetour)
- Tver-Moscow (3-day cruisetour)
Tver cruise port videos
The Tver cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Tver, Russia.
If you lose the Tver location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.