Yeosu is a port city located midway along South Korea's southern coast. In 1998, Yeosu City merged with Yeocheon City (founded 1986). The city has population around 300,000 and also includes a total of 317 islands (onlly 49 of which are inhabited). Yeosu is approx 455 km (283 ml) south of country's capital city Seoul.
Yeosu is one of Korea's best destinations for international resort vacations and travel tourism. Among the most popular tourist attractions are:
- full-size replica of a traditional turtle ship
- Manseongri Beach (black sand beach popular among Korean tourists, with public showers, restrooms, lifeguards, beach-side restaurants offering authentic Korean cuisine)
- Dolsan Bridge (length 450 m / 1480 ft, 20 m above sealevel) is a cable-stayed bridge connecting Dolsan Island with downtown Yeosu. On Dolsan Island can be found many seafood restaurants and cafes.
- Yeosu Cable Car (inaugurated in 2014) connects Dolsan Island with Odongdo Island.
- Hanhwa aqua planet is a large aquarium with 4 exhibition halls and show programming (synchronized swimming and water acrobatics).
Yeosu cruise terminal
Cruise ships in Yeosu dock at a new dedicated cruise terminal in Yeosu City. The dock is located in the Expo 2012 area - marine-themed International Exposition opened in the period May 12 through August 12, 2012.
KTX-I (aka TGV-K) high speed trains link the cruise terminal to Seoul (travel time around 3 hours). Yeosu Airport is approx 30-min drive from the cruise port.
Yeosu cruise port videos
Port Yeosu cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Yeosu, South Korea. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|14 May, 2019|
The Yeosu cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Yeosu, South Korea.
If you lose the Yeosu location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.