Belize City cruise port is located in the second smallest Central America‘s country (the smallest is El Salvador). Belize borders Guatemala, the Caribbean and Mexico.
Belize is the only country in Central America with official language English. Spanish is widely spoken. The official currency is the Belize Dollar, but US dollars are also accepted in all tourist areas.
- Belize City attracts cruise ship tourists with Mayan heritage sites, eco tourism, water sport opportunities, amazing sub-tropical climate and friendly people.
- Interesting sights are the Baron Bliss Memorial and the Fort George Lighthouse. The 9th of March is a national holiday in Belize and commemorates the death of Baron Bliss. His memory is honored with a regatta.
- The newest attraction is the city is the Museum of Belize. It is located close to the US Embassy and is housed in a former Her Majesty’s prison. You can explore the Belizean history for 362 years and the Maya legacy for 3000 years.
- The commercial center of the city is along Albert Street. You can find banks and different shops. Interesting place to visit is the small music shop where you can buy Belizean and Caribbean CDs and cassettes.
- Battlefield Park offers benches in a green space, a famous place for civil gatherings and political speeches. If you want to taste real Belizean cuisine, skip all big and expensive places to try the homemade dishes street corners and sidewalks.
- The city is divided into two by the swing bridge at the Haulover Creek’s mouth. The bridge is old and it is the only swing bridge operated manually that is still in function. It is turned open two times a day.
- The building of the Marine terminal (where you can hire taxi boats and ferries) houses two museums – the Coastal Zone Museum and the Marine museum. Opposite you can find the post office housed in the Paslow Building (colonial style). If you continue along, you will find large indoor market.
Highlights: Altun Ha ruins, Lamanai Mayan Ruins, Ambergris Caye
Belize City cruise terminal
Belize city cruise port terminal is located at the Belize’s Tourism Village. The cruise ships anchor in the bay of Belize, because near the coast the water has shallow depth.
Passengers are tendered to Belize City cruise port terminal via high-speed boats (approx 20 min ride). Each of these tender boats has 3 powerful engines.
At the Tourism Village are available taxis. They don't use meters, so passengers have to negotiate the price in advance. Popular way of transportation between the city and cruise port are water taxis. They can be hired at the Marine Terminal. Rent a car offices are also available, but be aware that local roads are in poor conditions. The closest to the cruise port international airport is in Ladyville, approx 10 ml / 16 km away.
(new) Belize City cruise terminal
In August 2017, the Government signed an Investment Agreement with Stake Bank Enterprise Ltd (part of Feinstein Group of Companies). The company will build a new "Cruise Ship Docking Facility" (passenger terminal) in Belize City. The development project also includes building a resort and theme park on Stake Bank Caye. The island is located approx 5 ml / 7,5 km southeast of the capital.
- The new "Stake Bank Cruise Ship Docking Facility" will be able to accommodate 4 cruise liners (of the RCI Voyager-class, with LOA length 1020 ft / 311 m) at a time.
- The terminal complex will also include a 60-slip yacht marina, 80-room supporting facility, theme park (with roller coaster and water rides).
- The project's total budget is USD 62,5 million.
Belize City tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The Belize City cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Belize City.
If you lose the Belize City location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Belize City cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Belize City. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
10 October, 2017
17 October, 2017
18 October, 2017
19 October, 2017
24 October, 2017
25 October, 2017
26 October, 2017
31 October, 2017
On September 13, 2016 a cruise passenger on Carnival Magic has been robbed at gunpoint at port of Belize. According to the robbed cruise...September 29, 2016
A tragic accident involving a Caribbean Princess passenger has happened off the coast of Belize on January 8 (Friday). The Princess...January 9, 2016
- show more news