Grein is a Danube River cruise port in Austria. The small town has a population around 2,500 and covers a total area of 19 km2 (7 ml2). Grein is located in a small bay at Strudengau's entrance, a narrow 25 km (16 ml) valley along Danube.
Among Grein's landmarks and attractions are:
- Greinburg Castle (built in the 14th century, now privately owned /open for visitors)
- Schloss Greinburg Palace (famous with its "Stone Theatre")
- Stadttheater Grein (Austria's oldest theatre, preserved in its origial form)
- Old Town Hall (former granary)
- Oberosterreichisches Schifffahrtsmuseum (maritime museum)
- Pfarrkirche Sankt Agidius (Gothic church)
- Grein Summer Festival and Danube Festival Weeks in Strudengau are part of a programme of cultural attractions that is held in the historical Old Town.
- Upper Austrian Shipping Museum (a comprehensive history of shipping on Danube River)
- Two well-known coffee shops are the best places to relax - Blumenstrauss (Biedermeier period cafe) and Schörgi (opposite to the Danube station / river cruise ship docking pier).
Highlights: The Greinburg castle, Town hall, Franciscan Monastery, St. Giles
The Grein cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Grein, Austria.
If you lose the Grein location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Grein cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Grein, Austria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 November, 2017