Havana cruise port is located on the Cuba’s north coast. Havana is a major port and the capital city.
Havana cruise port is 369 km (221 nautical miles) form Port of Miami, direction southwest. Jamaica’s Port of Kingston is 769 nautical miles southeast. Havana is the biggest city in the Caribbean region.
Havana cruise port is a popular tourist destination. It attracts with its natural beauty, souvenirs like arts and crafts ant the famous cigars and rum. The cruising season from Havana cruise port stars in November.
Highlights: Colonial buildings & heritage
Havana cruise terminal
Havana cruise port terminal is located near Old Havana in Atares Cove. It is on the Havana Harbor’s shore. The cruise vessels enter through straight channel, 1.5 km long.
Havana cruise port terminal is called Terminal Sierra Maestra. It was inaugurated in 1914. The building is in eclectic architectural style and the authors are Barclay, Parsons and Klapp.
Havana cruise port terminal has three berths with berthing distance of 183.5 meters, 190.5 meters and 171.3 meters. The warehouse is roofed and spreads over 6.2 acres. Havana Dock Corporation operates Havana cruise port Siera Maestra Terminal.
The port is located centrally in Havana. It is very easy to reach the major attractions. Havana has lack of traffic and several zones for pedestrians. Calle de Prado, Malecon, La Plaza de Armas, La Plaza Vieja and La Calle Obispo are close to Havana cruise port.
Available near Siera Maestra Terminal are taxis and the typical CocoTaxis and Horse-drawn Carriages. The CocoTaxis are with tree wheels, colored in bright yellow, with open air and for two passenger. The Horse-drawn Carriages will tour you trough all the sights in Old Havana.
Havana tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Paseo de Martí (Paseo del Prado): located in Old Havana. The amazing boulevard goes uphill from Havana cruise port to Parque Central. It dates from 1852.
- Plaza de San Francisco de Asis: located on Calle Oficios in Old Havana. The square dates from 1628. it main purpose was water supply to the ships that came for trading.
- Plaza Vieja: the Old Square location is Calle Inquisidor e/ Muralla y Teniente Rey. It used to be old commercial square with market that was covered.
- University of Havana, Cuba: it was founded in 1728 by Dominican friars. Its location is Calle L y San Lázaro in Vedado.
- Bacardi Building: located on 261 Esq. San Jan De Dios. The famous rum Bacardi became popular at the end of 19 century. The creator of the rum, Don Emilio Bacardi, was a Spanish settler. The logo of the famous drink came from his talisman – a bat.
- Callejón de Hamel: located in Central Habana, between the hospital and Calle Aramburu. It dates from 1990, project of Salvador Gonzáles.
- Castillo de la Real Fuerza: located in Old Havana, at O’Reilly #2, the seaward side of the square. It is the oldest fort still existing in the Americas. It dates from 1577.
- Cathedral of Havana: located in Old Havana, at Empedrado 156. It dates from the 18th century.
Hotels near Havana cruise port terminal
- Ambos Mundos Hotel, Havana
- Armadores de Santander Hotel, Havana
- Beltran de Santa Cruz Hotel, Havana
- Colina Hotel, Havana
- Comendador Hotel, Havana
- Comodoro Hotel, Havana
- Conde de Villanueva Hotel, Havana
- Hotel Plaza , Havana
- Hotel Saratoga, Havana
- Hotel Sevilla, Havana
- Islazul Lido Hotel, Havana
- Meson de la Flota, Havana
- Riviera Hotel, Havana
- Telegrafo Hotel , Havana
- Hostal Valencia, Havana
- Hotel Breezes Jibacoa, Havana
- Hotel Inglaterra, Havana
- Hotel Melia Havana, Havana
- Hotel Nacional de Cuba, Havana
- Hotel Park View, Havana
- Hotel Parque Central, Havana
The Havana cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Havana, Cuba.
If you lose the Havana location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Havana cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Havana, Cuba. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
31 October, 2016