Honolulu is Hawaii's largest seaport and the state's capital city located on Oahu Island's southern coast.
The port (officially "Honolulu Harbor") has a sheltered deep-water harbour waterway and handles over 11 million cargo tons per year. This includes over 80% of Hawaii's imported goods.
The city is USA's westernmost and southernmost, with population around 340,000 (metro over 950,000). It is served by the Honolulu International Airport, which is also the state's principal airport with regularly scheduled both domestic and international flights. The smaller airport Kalaeloa is a commuter airport mainly used by air taxis, general and locally based US military aircraft.
Waikiki Beach is one of the city's neighborhoods and Hawaii's largest tourist district. This beachfront area is lined up with hotels, shops, top-rated nightlife venues, public places (Kapiolani Park, Fort DeRussy Military Reservation, Duke Paoa Kahanamoku Lagoon, Kuhio Beach Park). here is also the Ala Wai Harbor - Hawaii's largest yacht marina.
Honolulu (and Hawaii in general) enjoys a rapid economic and tourism growth. The air travel alone brings around 8 million visitors annually. Of those, over 60% enter the islands via Honolulu International Airport. Tourism industry contributes with around USD 10 billion annually. Honolulu is Hawaii's main financial and business center. Here are based Bank of Hawaii, Central Pacific Bank, First Hawaiian Bank.
Honolulu is the turnaround port for the NCL ship Pride of America. The following itinerary map shows the ports of call and the names of the Hawaiian islands visited along the route.
The following table shows the ship's ports of call with arrival/departure times (port stays). This standard 7-night roundtrip Honolulu itinerary includes overnights on Kauai and Maui, as well as afternoon cruising of Napali Coast.
|Departing from||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|08:00 - 18:00||Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii|
|08:00 - 18:00||Hilo, Hawaii Island|
|07:00 - 17:00||Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island|
|10:00 - 14:00||Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii|
|Arriving in||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
Highlights: Oahu Island, Waikiki, Pearl Harbour
Honolulu cruise terminal
The cruise port is located between Waikiki Beach and Honolulu International Airport. The distance from the terminal to Waikiki Beach is 3 ml (5 km) and to the airport - 6 ml (10 km). The cruise terminal complex is located next to the lighthouse Aloha Tower (at Pier 9 in the harbor).
- Oahu Dock has 2 dedicated cruise terminals – "Honolulu Cruise Terminal" and "Terminal Pier 2".
- The Honolulu terminal has 2 ship berths - Pier 10, and Pier 11.
- Terminal Pier 2 is an exclusive dock for NCL Norwegian. Here docks the company's Hawaii-based cruise ship Pride of America. Pier 2 is located close (approx 1200 ft / 400 m) to the south of Honolulu Cruise Terminal.
- All terminals offer modern passenger facilities and amenities, including luggage storage (nominal fee applies).
- Honolulu cruise ship terminals are easily reached by taxi or the Oahu Island's public transportation. There are 4 trolley lines covering all the island's major directions. From the cruise port, the International Airport is approx 10-15 minutes by car. The Wiki Wiki Shuttle is a complimentary airport bus service available at the International Airport. Shuttle buses operate between 5 AM and 10 PM.
Besides being a fully operational lighthouse, the Aloha Tower is also a leisure complex, with restaurants, bars and shops. near the tower is located the Hawaii Maritime Center. However, this museum is currently closed for the public.
Honolulu tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Oahu is a very interesting place to visit. It will charm you, excite you and won’t leave you disappointed. It has to offer a lot to the cautious as well as the adventurous guests.
- Waikiki Beach: spend unforgettable time at this colorful place, explore the shore and the Hanauma Bay. The contiguous collection of beautiful beaches is along the Waikiki shoreline and it is two miles long. Skydive at Mokuleia or just relax at the sunny beach.
- Bishop Museum: Pacific’s principal museum.
- Plantation Village: discover great collection of 30 plantation homes, replicas and originals.
- Atlantis Submarine Adventures and the Children’s Discovery Center: a great family place, just across the Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park.
- Aloha Tower: the first attraction you will see, located just at the Honolulu cruise port terminal. Visit the marketplace complex with its shops, local goods stores and boutiques.
- Pearl Harbor: here you will find three historical landmarks. USS Arizona Memorial honors the December 7, 1941 victims and it is built right above the sunk ship. Battleship Missouri Memorial will meet you with “Mighty Mo” or USS Missouri. Visit USS Bowfin Submarine and Museum and take a look at renovated submarine from the World War II.
- Polynesian Cultural Center: located at the North Shore, you will have an hour from the Honolulu cruise port terminal. The leading paid attraction is a 42 acres area with native experience. It offers lu‘au, hula show and a canoe pageant.
The Honolulu cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii.
If you lose the Honolulu location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Honolulu cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 January, 2018
9 January, 2018
12 January, 2018
13 January, 2018
20 January, 2018
23 January, 2018
27 January, 2018
28 January, 2018
30 January, 2018