Phuket, the only island province in Thailand, lies in Andaman Sea on the West Coast of Kra Isthmus and is connected to mainland by Sarasin and Thepkasatri Causeway. Famous as the "Pearl of Thailand," this splendid retreat offers traditional villages, lush vegetation, pristine beaches, and seascapes of huge limestone pillars which tower over the Phang-Nga Bay's turquoise waters. With a land area of 215 sq.miles, Phuket Island is nearly the same size as Singapore, making it the largest island in Thailand.
Apart from tourism, much of the wealth of the province derives from tin production, which started in the 16th century. Phuket Town was presumably the first city in Thailand to feature paved roads and cars. Even today, the city of Phuket remains Thailand's center of tin production, with coconut, seafood and rubber also adding to the prosperity of the island. Much of its revenue is reinvested to further develop Phuket. The island's capital is Phuket Town. It was built in the middle of the last century in order to replace Thalang, which was destroyed in 1800 by the Burmese. The architecture features attractive Sino-Portuguese style, reflected in the spacious residences created by wealthy Chinese tin barons as testimony to their success.
Highlights: Island resort, beaches, Phang Nga Bay
Phuket cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Phuket Island dock (anchor) at the following ports:
- During high season (November through April) cruise ships anchor near Patong Bay - the island's main tourist / beach destination (where the Sunset Beach Resort is located) and passengers are tendered to shore (via the ship's tender boats).
- During summer / rainy season (May through October) ships dock at Ao Makarm port (deep-water port with 1 pier) located approx 8 km (5 ml) from Phuket Town. When ships stay in Phuket overnight, they usually dock at Ao Makarm and tender their passengers to Patong and back. The tender boat ride between the cruise port and the beach resort is approx 1,5 km (0,9 ml).
- Passenger tendering to Patong Bay (Sunset Beach Resort) includes boat docking on a jetty across the Sunset Hotel. There are many taxis that offer sightseeing tours.
- Depending on whether (sea condition), passengers may be tendered to a different location. Kalim Beach (on the Patong's north end) can also be used as tender boat pier.
Large cruise ships dock at Phuket Port, which is about 20-min drive to Phuket Town. Passengers are usually transported via chartered by the cruise ship company shuttle buses.
- Taxis are available at the docking pier, but their rates are generally expensive (and negotiable).
- Taxi drive distance from the cruise ship port to Patong is about 45 minutes.
The Phuket cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Phuket, Phuket Island, Thailand.
If you lose the Phuket location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Phuket cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Phuket, Phuket Island, Thailand. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 September, 2017
12 September, 2017
13 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
20 September, 2017
26 September, 2017
27 September, 2017
‘The Most Popular Cruise Line in Asia’, Star Cruises, offers a super-value cruise package for SuperStar Libra - the newly introduced...July 25, 2017
- show more news