- Administratively, Trollfjord is located in the municipality of Vagan, which is a municipality situated in Lofoten. With its steep-sided mountains and narrow entrance, Trollfjord cuts westwards from Raftsundet strait. Austvagoya lies to the East of the fjord. The name is derived from a figure from Norse mythology, troll.
- The mouth of Trollfjord where it joins Raftsund is just 100 m wide. The fjord widens to maximum width of 800 m. The mountains that surround Trollfjord are between 600-1100 m high. It's surrounded by Trolltindan (1084 m) in the south and Blafjell (998 m) and hohe Litlkorsnestinden (980 m) in the north. At its deepest point Trollfjord is 72 m.
- The routes of Hurtigruten between Kirkenes and Bergen, detour into Trollfjorden. It's also popular with other ferries.
- There was a waterfall until 1960 at the end of Trollfjord, currently redirected to produce hydroelectricity.
- Trollfjordslaget (The Battle of Trollfjord) was fought between the first steam-driven fishing ships and teams of open-boat fishermen over fjord's access in 1890. In 1921 Johan Bojer described the battle in the novel Den siste Viking (The last of the Vikings).
- Trollfjordslaget, a painting by Gunnar Berg (1863-1893), depicts The Battle at Trollfjord. It is located in the Art Galleri Gunnar Berg in Svolvaer.
Highlights: Lofoten Islands, Spectacular fjord
The Trollfjord cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Trollfjord, Norway.
If you lose the Trollfjord location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Trollfjord cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Trollfjord, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 May, 2017