The Celebrity Cruises Equinox ship has a total of 1426 staterooms, of which 85% are balcony, 5% are outside (oceanview), 10% inside. The cruise liner has 121 connecting cabins and 520 cabins that can be booked as triple and quad (accommodate 3rd/4th passenger). Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 30, including 6 Inside, 4 Oceanview, 16 Balcony and 2 Suites.
Follows the review of Celebrity Equinox staterooms as amenities, furniture, amenities, and complimentary services:
- Guests in all Celebrity Equinox suites enjoy as bonus amenities: iPod station, 24-hour butler service for priority check-in, luggage packing/unpacking, shoeshine, full en-suite dining service (expanded room-service menu, afternoon tea, hors-d'oeuvres in the evening, complimentary coffee (espresso, cappuccino), dining reservations and seating preferences, welcome gifts (champagne bottle, fruits, flowers, Celebrity tote bag).
- Additional perks for all suite passengers are the complimentary premium beverages, all specialty/surcharge restaurants dining, unlimited Internet, mini-bar (complimentary water, soft drinks, beers), premium bath amenities (by Bulgari), exclusive Suite-only lounge (Michael’s Club /concierge service), exclusive Suite-only restaurant (for breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- All balcony cabins and all-suite grades feature floor-ceiling sliding doors leading to a private verandah (lounge furniture).
- As “family cabins” the ship offers 121 connecting cabins plus 4 “Family Veranda” suites (capacity up to 5). These fore-located family suites are sized 575 ft2 (53,4 m2), each with balcony (sized 55 ft2 or 105 ft2 / 5-10 m2, furnished with 2-seat dining table), separate living room (coffee table, 2 chairs, convertible sofa /to trundle bed, dining area /4-seat table), two separate bedrooms (wardrobes, one with queen bed, one with single twin plus upper Pullman bed).
- All Celebrity Equinox cabins as amenities have 2 twin beds (convertible to queen, bedside tables with lamps), ample closet space, private bathroom (shower, bath products, towels, bathrobes), comfortable sitting area (desk, drawers, vanity, sofa), interactive flat TV, individual air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, personal safe (in the closet or behind the desk mirror), mini bar (AquaClass rooms and suites have mini fridge), Wi-Fi Internet access, deluxe bedding sets (100% cotton), 24 hour room service (complimentary). Some staterooms additionally have a sofa bed or/and upper (Pullman beds) for 3rd/4th person.
- The list of complimentary bathroom amenities includes bar soap, shampoo, lotion, conditioner, hair dryer (wall-mounted).
- Each passenger stateroom is equipped with an interactive TV system (flat TV and keyboard-remote control device). The TV is interfaced with a mini Mac computer that allows Internet access, booking excursions, making reservations, ordering services, checking onboard accounts, browsing food and bar menus; watching movies on-demand. The channeling includes sports-movie-music-news channels, also Celebrity Cruises ship info channel and live camera views. The TV size varies by cabin category, raging between 32 and 52 inches (in largest suites).
- As to power outlets, each cabin has several US-standard plugs (North American 3-pronged / 3-pin sockets, 110 V) and one European-standard plug (2-pronged / 2-pin socket, 220 V). UK passengers have to use adapters. There are no bedside plugs, so bringing an extension cord is recommendable.
- Celebrity Cruises Penthouse Suites are among the best-rated cruise ship suite accommodations. Each of those has has a foyer, separate bedroom (king bed, 52-inch TV, vanity desk, walk-in closet, dressing room), bathroom (marble floor, 26-inch TV, large double-sink vanity area, whirlpool bathtub, WC/bidet, large-size shower for 2 /dual shower heads), large living room (hardwood floor, motorized curtains with lights, throw rug, plush furniture, double sofa bed, coffee table, 4 chairs, media center, 52-inch TV with surround sound, baby grand piano), dining area (glass-topped 8-seat table, pantry, full wet bar), powder room (WC, shower), full guest bathroom, huge veranda (size 390 ft2 / 36 m2, with patio furniture, 4-seat dining table, outdoor Jacuzzi tub).
- Royal Suites have separate bedroom (queen bed, vanity desk, TV, large walk-in closet), master bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower stall, double-sink vanity), guest bathroom (WC/sink), large living room (L-shaped double sofa bed, coffee table, chair, media center, 52-inch TV with surround sound), separate dining area (glass-topped 6-seat table, full wet bar), large veranda (size 160 ft2 / 14,5 m2, with patio furniture and outdoor Jacuzzi tub).
- Celebrity Suites have entrance hall, separate bedroom (2 twin beds /convertible, vanity, TV, walk-in closet, dual access bathroom (bathtub, shower), living room (L-shaped double sofa bed, coffee table, vanity desk, chair, media center, 52-inch TV with surround sound), spacious veranda (105 ft2 / 9,8 m2).
- Sky Suites (mini-suites) have 2 twin beds (convertible to queen), bathroom (with bathtub-shower), living area (with double sofa bed), 40-inch TV, mini-fridge, spacious veranda (80 ft2 / 7,5 m2).
- Aqua Class (“spa cabins”) represent a new class of accommodations. All are located on Deck 11 (near the Canyon Ranch Spa). As for sizes, they are identical to Deluxe OceanView, Sunset Veranda and Concierge staterooms (190 ft2 / 55 ft2 balcony). The difference is in the complimentary amenities and privileges. Guests in AquaClass cabins enjoy the following bonus amenities and services: exclusive dining at the Blu restaurant (located aft-portside on Entertainment Deck 5 /priority seating, complimentary continental breakfast and dinner), unlimited Spa access (Persian Garden, Relaxation Room), daily bottled water and fresh (flavored) iced tea, luxury bedding sets (Frette linens, towels, robes, slippers, pillow menu), premium bath products (spa cosmetics, gels), in-cabin dining (daily canapes, exclusive (healthy food) room service menu, wellness classes, personal Spa Concierge (treatments booking, products info, wellness library recommendations). AquaClass cabin bathrooms are equipped with a 5-head Hansgrohe shower tower.
- Guests in Concierge Class cabins enjoy the following concierge services: priority check-in, welcome gifts (sparkling wine, fruits, flowers, Celebrity tote bag), hors-d'oeuvres in the evenings, pillow menu, dinner seating preferences, shoeshine. Bonus amenities are exclusive Concierge Lounge (serving free coffee, juices, pastries), exclusive Main Dining Room luncheons (on embarkation day only), high-quality balcony furniture.
- Guests in Suite Class cabins (excluding Junior Suites) enjoy complimentary dining (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) at the new Luminae restaurant located on Plaza Deck 3 (lobby deck, aft-starboard).
- Sunset Veranda (balcony) cabins are with bow location. Balcony staterooms in categories 2C and 2D are with obstructed view (due to lifeboats).
- The 24-hour room service menu includes cold and hot breakfast items (cereals, fruits, eggs, pancakes, also daily soups, salads, fast food (burgers, sandwiches, pizza, desserts, vegetable lasagna, steaks, quesadillas), also items from the main dining room’s dinner menu. The room service order is via the cabin phone or the interactive TV system.
- IMPORTANT: Celebrity Cruises charges USD 3,95 for late-night room service orders (between 11 pm and 6 am). This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the Equinox ship). Passengers exempted from the new room service fee are the occupants of higher-grade cruise accommodations (Aqua-class, Concierge-class and all Suites).
- IMPORTANT: The daily replenished bottled water perk for AquaClass cabins is no longer available. AquaClass guests, along with passengers in Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite accommodations, now receive (free of charge) two bottles of water (9 oz / 250 ml) only once – upon embarkation. Still, AquaClass passengers enjoy the beverage package perk, so they can take bottles of water for free at any of the ship bars. Know that Celebrity Cruises drink packages are not available on trans-oceanic (including Transatlantic) crossings.
- Celebrity Cruises ship gratuities (automatic tipping per person per day) are as follows – standard cabins (Inside, Oceanview, Balcony) USD 13,50 (up from USD 12,95), AquaClass-ConciergeClass cabins (USD 14 / up from USD 13,45), Suites (USD 17 /up from USD 16,45). Daily gratuities are shared by the ship’s service staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards, etc).
Handicap / wheelchair-accessible cruise cabins
For Celebrity Cruises passengers with disabilities, the Equinox ship offers a total of 30 accessible cabins in the following categories:
- S2 (Sky Suite / mini suite on deck 12) – sized 345 ft2 / 32 m2 (veranda 100 ft2 / 9 m2)
- AA (AquaClass Balcony, on deck 11) – sized 300 ft2 / 28 m2 (veranda 80 ft2 / 7 m2)
- C3 (Concierge Class Balcony, on deck 10) – sized 300 ft2 / 28 m2 (veranda 80 ft2 / 7 m2)
- 2B (Balcony, on decks 6 and 7) – sized 290 ft2 / 27 m2 (veranda 80 ft2 / 7 m2)
- category 8 (Oceanview, on deck 3) – sized 290 ft2 / 27 m2
- categories 9 and 10 (Inside cabins on decks 8 and 9) sized 245 ft2 / 23 m2.
- Each of the handicap staterooms features larger size (compared to the non-accessible counterpart), wider doors (39 inch / 1 m, automatic, sitting-level keycard slot), turning spaces (5 ft / 1,5 m), ramped thresholds, beds with open bed frames, lowered vanity in the sitting area, amplified phones, captioned TVs, wider bathrooms (door width 32 inches/0,8 m, roll-in shower, fold-down shower bench, grab bars, lower sinks, and closet rods, raised toilets, hand-held shower head).
- Service dog relief boxes are also available (on request).
- All handicap cabins feature a convenient location near the ship’s elevators.
- Accessible suites are butler served. Among other chores, personal butler also provides luggage assistance (packing, unpacking, moving).