Azamara Journey deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Azamara Journey deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Azamara Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Azamara Journey cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Azamara Journey staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Azamara Journey (2000-built as "R-Six", acquired in 2007, last refurbished in 2021) is the first of the four identical R-Class Azamara cruise ships - the fleetmates Azamara Quest, Azamara Pursuit and Azamara Onward (Pacific Princess). The vessel was built for Renaissance Cruises (1989-founded/2001-defunct) and named "R-Six" between 2000-2003. In 2003-2007 the boat was operated by Pullmantur - as "Blue Star" (2003-2005) and "Blue Dream" (2005-2007), then joined the Azamara’s fleet. Of this class are the same-designed Oceania Cruises ships Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena (Ocean Princess).
Azamara Journey cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 355 staterooms for 710 passengers (max capacity is 781) served by 410 crew-staff. The boat has 11 decks (9 passenger-accessible, 6 with cabins), 4 restaurants, 5 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools (1 Spa), 2 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 4 elevators, self-serve launderette (Deck 7). Passenger-use launderettes (laundromats) are located only on deck 7. These are self-service laundry facilities with ironing boards and detergent being provided.
The boat has no dedicated kids or teen areas (clubs, playrooms) or special programming. Occasionally, mainly during summer or on holiday itineraries when there are 25 or more kids booked, the shipowner provides a professional youth counselor.
Four elevators (2x Forward and 2x Aft passenger lifts) interconnect all decks.
The Azamara Cruises Journey is a top luxury ship with all-inclusive fares. Azamara Club cruise prices include the following drinks and services (complimentary throughout the voyage):
- Alcohol (a selection of 30+ standard spirits, incl schnapps, whiskies, bourbons, vodkas, rums, gins, brandy, liqueurs), cocktails (a selection of 30 long drinks), beers (Budweiser, Bud Light, Beck’s), locally sourced boutique wines by the glass (1 red and 1 white each day throughout the voyage), bottled water, soda / soft beverages, specialty coffees-teas
- tips (gratuities)
- Room Service (professional personal butler service for Suite passengers, concierge service for all the rest)
- Self-service launderette (laundry room /Deck 7)
- Shuttle (transfers) to and from the ship
- Azamara TV onboard program, daily newsletter.
Azamara Journey deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The ship's drydock refurbishment in 2016 (January 22-27, done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- Large touch screen displays were installed in several areas around the ship. They allow passengers (for free) to send digital postcards, explore world atlas maps and also provide Azamara Cruises itineraries and ports of call information.
- On Deck 4, Inspiration Center received a 98-inch touchscreen (interactive system provides information on future cruises - itineraries, ports, excursions).
- On Deck 10, The Drawing Room (Library) and the Living Room both received interactive tabletops (used for sending digital postcards, Scribble app, Internet / social media websites).
- Two new Club Spa Suites were built in the place of the eConnections (computer room, located portside on Lido Deck 9). Also on deck 9 was added The Patio (outdoor BBQ restaurant) and Swirl & Top (frozen yogurt bar).
- On Deck 10 was added The Living Room (forward observation lounge & bar, disco nightclub) replacing the Looking Glass Lounge.
- Many public areas were newly equipped (Looking Glass, Patio Grill, Sunset Bar).
- Upgrades and renovations received the restaurants Prime C, Aqualina, Windows Cafe (buffet). The Sanctum Spa (formerly Astral Spa) complex was redesigned and expanded.
All cabins and suites were renovated with new carpeting and wall covers, fabrics, furniture, shelving, curtains, bedding sets (pillows, duvets), new lighting and smart HDTVs (interactive system). All staterooms were upgraded with bigger coffee tables. Bathrooms were redesigned to be more space-efficient. Quality wood elements were used throughout all staterooms. Additionally, all high-grade Suites were updated with new modern furniture, dining tables, drapes, media consoles and sound systems.
There was a plan for replacing the Lido Deck’s Sunset Bar (aft on deck 9) with a new (named Kibo) specialty restaurant with Asian cuisine. However, the line later decided not to replace the popular day bar, but just to upgrade it. The refurbishment plans for an Asian restaurant plus an outside seating area for the buffet restaurant Windows Cafe were officially canceled.
The onboard Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide (via “Pervasive Wi-Fi” system). The new Interactive TV system (in all cabins) offers movies on demand, live TV programming, onboard event schedules, weather updates, itinerary/port information. The system also allows shore excursion booking through the TV, as well as room service orders.
The boat's 2016 drydock refurbishment project cost USD 25 million.
In 2021 (August) the ship was drydocked at Navantia Shipyard (Cadiz Spain), mainly for general maintenance (technical and routine) works and repainting (hull and superstructure).
Azamara Journey deck plans are property of Azamara Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.